PLAYOFF HOCKEY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcav

Still Believing In God, Family &This Great Country
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's that time of year again! Just want to wish my team well and say "Let's Go Lightning!" They are not off to a good start but I am totally behind them! Feel free here to talk up your favorite team and wish them well! It's going to be another great run for the cup this year!

John

Last edited:
I'm all for Columbus and Tampa beating the snot out of each other.

Was worried the Caps were also gonna blow a three goal lead last night. But win is a win.

Yea the Caps are ALWAYS tough in the playoffs. Wonder if they can repeat this year.... Good Luck!

John

Well round two is either Pens *again*, or a duel with Barry Trotz. Will be exciting either way. Assuming the lads get that far.

I figured we'd have a similar path as last year, Pens in round 2 and Bolts in conference finals. Maybe not.

I gotta say I was shocked that the Lightning lost to the BJs - Tampa Bay has been playing lights-out offense all year and were a tough team to get even close to even with.

Meanwhile the Bs losing to Toronto was a hard take. Didn't see that coming at home...

Cheers!

LET’s GO LEAFS! I’m hoping this is our year and we put the Bruins and that Arrogant Bastard (Marchand) out in the 1st round.
image.jpg

At least I can take comfort someone is still more universally hated than Tom Wilson.

:D

Wilson isn't hated near as much as Marchand. Rat can play though, but man I don't like him. Wilson's a bruiser, took a tooth from one of our guys (cernak) a few weeks ago.

I watched the Bruins get beat by Toronto last night. Good. I don't want to see Bruins in the next round. Was hoping carolina would come back and beat the Caps last night too, but not quite.

Lightning are quite a disappointment last two games. I had a ticket for tonight's game but was out of town and missed it. Watched on TV. UGH. I've been to a lot of games this year. Watched the rest of them on TV. Playoff play has been unexpected (except 1st period of 1st game, where they looked like the team from the reg season).

I agree what a disappointment. Couldn't believe the first game loss after that 3-0 lead they had. Now tonight. Gotta come out and find a way to win away on Sunday. We will see.

John

I agree what a disappointment. Couldn't believe the first game loss after that 3-0 lead they had. Now tonight. Gotta come out and find a way to win away on Sunday. We will see.

John

Capitals faced a similar situation last year. 1st round playoffs, the Caps lost the first two games AT HOME to a feisty team. Caps would come back and win that series, then of course go on to win the cup.

The feisty team: Columbus Blue Jackets.

It has been exciting, and unpredictable. Watching the Isles this year was great fun. In January they were beating everyone, but by March they were stumbling. The series against Pittsburgh has been intense, and at 2-0 they're off to a good start. I don't think they have enough to go to the finals. I wonder if Tavares has any regrets? He's in the playoffs too, but the Isles would have been even better with him aboard. He may have passed up on a ring.
Columbus over Tampa 2-0 is stunning, I figured Tampa to win it all.

John
I’ve been a long time Stamkos fan after watching him play Jr. A, but it’s nice to see the underdog Blue Jackets give them a go.

Tampa was easily one of the mosy dominant regular season teams in memory.

But there's been recent years where the Caps were close to as dominant (Presidents Trophy clinched plenty early though not this early). And still blew it early in the playoffs.

It has been exciting, and unpredictable. Watching the Isles this year was great fun. In January they were beating everyone, but by March they were stumbling. The series against Pittsburgh has been intense, and at 2-0 they're off to a good start. I don't think they have enough to go to the finals. I wonder if Tavares has any regrets? He's in the playoffs too, but the Isles would have been even better with him aboard. He may have passed up on a ring.
Columbus over Tampa 2-0 is stunning, I figured Tampa to win it all.

Me too! Oh and growing up in Long Island I was a major Islander fan! Especially back in the Mike Bosse, Nystrum, Trottier and company days. That was a great team!

Tampa was easily one of the mosy dominant regular season teams in memory.

But there's been recent years where the Caps were close to as dominant (Presidents Trophy clinched plenty early though not this early). And still blew it early in the playoffs.

The playoffs really are a different animal and everyone in it really has an even shot at the beginning, if they believe in themselves and play as a team.

John

Me too! Oh and growing up in Long Island I was a major Islander fan! Especially back in the Mike Bosse, Nystrum, Trottier and company days. That was a great team!

The playoffs really are a different animal and everyone in it really has an even shot at the beginning, if they believe in themselves and play as a team.

John
It's all having the right mentality and confidence, and getting hot at the right time (especially in goal).

I almost wish the Presidents Trophy were considered the higher honor. Shows a more consistent prolonged dominance.

Otherwise just do well enough over 7 months to limp into the playoffs and then win the whole shebang if you switch on at the right time.

Convincing Bruins win tonight.
And hopefully Kadri is done for the season...

Cheers!

That was a clean cross check to the head. Could have been handled with a 2 minute minor and moved on. Too much drama over a get even hit.

Hits like that are why I love hockey!!!

Bruins looked good last night. Islanders were strong today. Good hockey all around. I would say the Lightning have to pull one off tonight to get back their confidence and get back in this series. Pretty much a must win situation for them......

John

I worked today (!) but kept track of the game on my phone.
I too remember the glory days for the Islanders, I graduated HS in '79.

I am just behind you. I graduated in 1982! Yea those glory days were magic! Great memories going to the Nassau Coliseum back then! I lived in Garden City.

John

Sorry for the thread drift.
I am just behind you. I graduated in 1982! Yea those glory days were magic! Great memories going to the Nassau Coliseum back then! I lived in Garden City.

John

I grew up in Mount Sinai, went to Saint Anthony's in Smithtown. My best buddy was a Ranger fan. We had some fun. I still text him about hockey during the season.

No worries at all! My good friend was a Ranger fan as well. I was also a Met fan when everyone loved the Yankees! Looks like the Lightning are done......

John

Yeah, I don't think that chippiness after the open net goal is going to amount to much for Tampa Bay.
As dumbfounding as it might be, I think they'll be lucky not to get blanked...

So, Ovi DEMOLISHED Svechnikov in a fight. I think they said he was literally KO'd on the ice.

Just saw the replay a few seconds after reading this... looks like he was shaken up and helped off the ice but definitely not KO'd. The kid is gonna earn some cred though for picking a fight with a veteran.

Latest posts

Back