Playoff Hockey!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over for sure; but, if the defenseman is engaged with the puck, which he was, he should have his head on a swivel!

I think we’re gonna see some gloves drop before the whistle blows.

Did the d-man ever get close to that puck? NHL.com doesn't have that replay up yet.
Aaanyway...just noticed the most impressive Red-Out I think I've ever seen. DC was up for this game for sure.
Hope it goes 6 so the Caps can win at home...

Cheers!

Did the d-man ever get close to that puck? NHL.com doesn't have that replay up yet.
Aaanyway...just noticed the most impressive Red-Out I think I've ever seen. DC was up for this game for sure.
Hope it goes 6 so the Caps can win at home...

Cheers!

Looked to me like it was still right behind Oshie when the hit happened.

Regardless, Vegas better get off their @$$es if they want this cup.

I heard the announcer say that Vegas was sending a message with the rough play.
I read that message as "We can take penalties and give up goals"
Yeah, I also heard them say something about the Knights starting to play rough and the Caps just deciding to take the dirty hits and score goals to embarrass the Knights more. Fantastic game though. I'm excited to see how Vegas responds.

I wouldn't count them out quite yet - there's a reason they got this far, after all.
Maybe they get their mojo from the gawdawful LV pregame shows ;)

Cheers!

I wouldn't count them out quite yet - there's a reason they got this far, after all.
Maybe they get their mojo from the gawdawful LV pregame shows ;)

Cheers!

didn't help in Game 2

We Caps fans will ALWAYS remember "The Save" (we were on the short side of the exact same situation in Game 2 in '98 with Esa Tikkanen. Caps would have still lost the Cup, but it wouldn't have been a sweep)

just like any Redskins fan over the age of 40 (& most younger fans) knows what "70 Chip" is

Last edited:
I purposely avoided the opening tonight, just can't deal with epic ridiculousness.
Looks like the Knights are at it again...

Man I disagree. This is EXACTLY what pro sports needs. That was a very cool opening tonight. Swords! Pro sports is merely entertainment for the masses. As long as the play on the ice is legit, I'm all for the entertainment before. More swords!

Happy for Ovechkin, plus the Knights beat the King’s,

The Caps offensive zone passing was just phenomenal at even strength in this series - which made their power plays that much more effective.
They were deadly with the puck, so I'm not surprised they went 4-1 in the finals.
Good for them, they definitely deserved the trophy.

So that's that for the 2018 season. Next up: the drama of Free Agency on July 1...

Cheers!

I thought they were coming back to DC to try again, turned it off 1/2way thru the 3rd.

apparently, 8 seconds before Smith-Pelly tied it up

woke up to this

cut.jpg

Last edited:
and to the Golden Knights: you guys have nothing to be ashamed of, you played some damn fine hockey and did almost the impossible.

and to the Knights' fans: We Caps fans waited 24 years to get where you are now IN YOUR FIRST YEAR. our first year is down in the history books as worst season ever for any pro sports franchise. & we had to wait another 20 to get to the finals again and finally win it.

DC sports team fans have wrote the book on "wait til next year" it hurts, but it makes the payoff that much sweeter when it arrives. and as a fan, it's your JOB to believe it will happen

let's do this again, it was fun. same time next year

#ALLCAPS

now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go shop for some STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS swag

and to the Golden Knights: you guys have nothing to be ashamed of, you played some damn fine hockey and did almost the impossible.

and to the Knights' fans: We Caps fans waited 24 years to get where you are now IN YOUR FIRST YEAR. our first year is down in the history books as worst season ever for any pro sports franchise. & we had to wait another 20 to get to the finals again and finally win it.

DC sports team fans have wrote the book on "wait til next year" it hurts, but it makes the payoff that much sweeter when it arrives. and as a fan, it's your JOB to believe it will happen

let's do this again, it was fun. same time next year

#ALLCAPS

now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go shop for some STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS swag

He’s not lying. Only a true fan would go to sleep halfway through the third in the last game of the Stanley Cup finals.

That’s my point. You expected them to $hit the bed. That’s how I know you’re a true fan.

Just want to congratulate the Caps and all their fans! It's been a long time coming for them. Even though I wanted to see the Knights win after my Lightning lost to the Caps, I am happy for Ovechkin as he finally gets to hoist the cup! It was an exciting play off season and I had fun modulating with all of you who participated here!

John

I've been telling people I got hit by a puck and it was "TOTALLY ****ING WORTH IT!"

&thanks for the concern, day_trippr, it was a small basal cell & the cutter got it all. Started off the size of a dime, dermatologist took out a quarter-sized chunk & surgeon enlarged it to puck-sized

Will be all better when the stitches come out on Thursday

20180611_092038.jpeg

Back