plate chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKHA

Reaction score
I received a plate chiller for a Christmas gift and am reading the directions and it says to use a screen to prevent plugging the chiller. I use a keggle and pump but what do i need a braid on the discharge to keep from plugging

it also talks about the hot break that would be on the out side of the bag and i use pellets for hops

What brand did you get? I have used a chore boy on my dip tube as a stained, others have had success with just a whirlpool. I have never had an issue with hot break clogging my therminator, but the chore boys does clog and slow things up sometimes.

have not got a braid i have always used a IC in the past just want to be prepared when needed

used a paint bag type of set up and it worked great 25 min from start of cool down to clean up complete wow how fast and only 10 gallons of water

I built a hop filter bag as well. Works great with my Therminator. Never had any problems clogging it. I back flush it with hot water after each brew....60+ brews

Latest posts

Back