Pin Lock Help - Stumped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradyj23

Reaction score
I have a pin lock keg that is having issues. It leaks out from under the coupler and sucks air into the line. Here is what I have tried so far. I have replaced all O-rings. Didn't help. Tried 4 different couplers. Didn't help. I took a post off of another keg that I was currently using with no issues. Put it on my issue keg. This stopped the leaking from the coupler but started sucking in a lot of air through the line. What am I missing? The keg was under about 8-10 psi. It normally has beer in it but it has a cider this time. I have not kegged a cider before but I carbed it just like a beer. Please help. Im lost. Thanks.

I have a pin lock keg that is having issues. It leaks out from under the coupler

I have a problem keg as well, what I had to do was; remove the post and when I replaced the black O-ring on the dip tube I used two o-rings. It resolved my issue. Doesn't hurt to try.

BlkWater_brewer - I tried your suggestion and this helped. It is by no means perfect. I was getting a little leakage but nowhere near what I was prior. It is also pouring pretty close to correct. Is there a way to permanently fix this? Also, do you think I getting the leakage out of the post to keg connection and I incorrectly diagnosed it as coming out from the coupler?

Could be the post o ring being too small. Pin locks use a slightly bigger o rings on the post than ball locks. There is a thread or 2 on hbt about it.

Latest posts

Back