Pictures of your kegerator fan set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerBrigade

Reaction score
I don't know if I have this in the right area of the forum but I am just now putting together my first Keezer.
I'm excited about my project and trying to make the nicest Keezer I can and I have heard that there is sometimes a 5° - 7° temperature difference from top to bottom.

I know that some people put computer fans inside and I'm planning on doing this but I would like to see the creativity of the people on the forum here and see how you have done your fans...

Connected to the door or Inside the body?
I have also heard some people put a tube to draw cold air down to the bottom in a channeled fashion....
Show me whacha ya got
:mug:

This fan cools my tower. Made it myself!

ForumRunner_20130807_131136.png

I don't have any pictures of how I did mine - but I used a 12v bilge fan connected to a PVC manifold that runs under the kegs. I got the idea from this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-build-tips-lessons-learned-301204/

I have it wired up to my temp controller so that it only comes on when the freezer runs. It works great and gets the kegs up off the bottom of the freezer a bit.

That's the one I built for my rig, using that same guide.

It works great, and I absolutely love it for my keezer. BEWARE: Positioning of that input tube for the fan is absolutely critical, otherwise you'll end up blocking kegs. You'll also have a hard time finding a 3-way PVC piece for a corner. Now, I just got another 7cu ft freezer for fermentation, but I didn't want to have to build another one of those, and I honestly don't need something that complicated for fermentation.

It's funny this thread is here, as I just finished ordering three 140mm computer case fans, a PSU, and a rheostat. I'll be mounting them either in a 3-in-line config or a triangular config, attached to the underside of the freezer lid, via wall anchors and screws.

The great advantage of that PVC system is that you get extremely good flow across the entire keezer (since it runs through a pipe system and you get to drill holes at the angles you like), but it comes at the cost of noise. Beware, those things will run a bit loud. I used the Attwood 3 inch bilge blower, and have a 6V PSU going to it, and it's still kinda noisy. It helps to have some padding (I use paper towels folded up) between the freezer wall and the blower, to eliminate vibrations. Despite that, I recommend ithe system because it allows your kegs or fermenters to NOT establish direct contact with the freezer's floor.

Back