Pics of portable sculptures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I was looking through the equipment needed to go all grain. I didn't realize I already had most of what I would need so I might be able to switch by the end of summer. One thing I haven'y really seen while searching was a portable brew stand. I would like to make something that I could either take apart easily or fold up for storage. I just don't have the garage space to keep something big. I have the tools to build and weld something, but, I'd love to see some ideas.

I understand that, however the closer everything is the easier it is to use. I was thinking of a single tier system. In three parts, that can be locked together.

Maybe with the locking bolts that stick out and you lower the pieces on to lock them. I have a basement and have to lug everything up and downstairs when I brew. If I do it in three pieces its easier, and I can still have the electronics on quick release connectors.

I play around with different configurations, but here is my most recent one from this last sunday.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZXJye.jpg

10 gal of ESB are bubbling away nicely right now. I'd like to actually get a stand, but I think I'll be moving soon and that will be one less thing to move.

I've been trying to design something myself that is somewhat foldable and can be more easily stored when not brewing. My garage doesn't offer the space it used to and I hate moving around hockey and lacrosse equipment each time I want to brew so I'm looking to come up with something that is easy to move and easy to lay out and set up.

The other thing is I'd like to have it be portable allowing me to take it on the road with me. For example take it up the mountains with me on vacation where there is not only a natural spring close by for water but also the cellar up there is perfect for sitting beer in to age.

If anyone wants to collaborate on a design I'm more than willing to come up with a prototype to blow up.

I play around with different configurations, but here is my most recent one from this last sunday.

10 gal of ESB are bubbling away nicely right now. I'd like to actually get a stand, but I think I'll be moving soon and that will be one less thing to move.

I drove by you on Sunday. I should have stopped but had the swmbo and kid with me and they wanted to get home. I thought to myself that is a unique way to brew. Dang it should have stopped.

Heres a couple shots of the old system,Picasa Web Albums - Kevin - Old Brewing S... it is built to dissasemble for transport and storage. Central support is 1 1/2" pipe with 2" Sch 80 pipe that slides over and is held in place with 2 - 1/4" bolts per assembly. It takes about 10 minutes to take apart/re-assemble with a small crescent wrench for the tube fittings.

I am also in the process of designing a system that I can take to brew club events or just someone's house. What I have come up with so far is using a cooler as the mash tun and then I am using two 7 1/2 gallon 1/4 barrels one for the boil kettle and one for the HLT.

I am not sure if I am going to use two burners or one have not decided yet. The rest of the equipment such as hoses, wort chiller, testing devices and so on will just be kept in a storage tote or totes.

Since this system will be gravity feed I am going to try and make use of the storage boxes that I bring stuff in order to keep it tiered somehow. I plan on being able to transport this in my car if necessary or store neatly in my garage when not in use.

I also have a single tiered system at home that I am working on (brutus design) that will stay at home.

MtPilot: His system is simple and let’s face it, it gets the job done! Sometimes we need to step back and think simple but reliable

MT - I love my beer, but I think I love my Outback too much to use it as part of a three-tier! The payments may have something to do with that though...

Dude,
That is so ghettolicious !! lol I love it. I do the same thing with folding tables and milk crates. I would really like to play around with the burners that do temp control. So that is why I am looking at a more perminate setup.

You definitaly have it going on.
What are you brewing? Suba-brew impresa Ale clone?

look for the ladder sculpture. It is built from a wooden ladder, and is really easy to complete. From the looks it can probably be done during a brew day, in between all the fun. And when your done it can actually be put away like a regular ladder. If I had seen that before I started mine, I would have done with that. But live ane learn.

Here is the link: http://home.comcast.net/~midnighthomebrewers/brewladder.htm

I drove by you on Sunday. I should have stopped but had the swmbo and kid with me and they wanted to get home. I thought to myself that is a unique way to brew. Dang it should have stopped.

You're right, you should have stopped. I usually draw some attention when I brew. I think people assume I'm making drugs (given the neighborhood, it's not surprising), but when people do stop to ask what I'm doing, I always offer them a homebrew.

I have what I call the brew board. It is basically the pump plus all of the fittings mounted on a board. In the summer I simply put this on a cooler when I brew outside and now I put it over our large two sink laundry sink. I use induction cookers to heat my mash tun and HLT and it works very well.

Here it is shown after the boiling. It has a rope handle so I can hang it on the wall when not in use.
onetier.jpg

I've since moved the pump to the middle of the board and switched to a hard plastic tubing to connect the plate chiller - any plugging of the hop filter made the tubing collapse.

Latest posts

Back