Pic: Infection or to much trub?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rami

Reaction score
Infected or too much trub? I did get a lot more trub in the carboy than i normally do. Also when i pitched the yeast (wlp008 east coast) it was pretty foamy on top. About 2 inches of foam. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Thanks

...it's also only been 24 hours since i pitched. Not sure if an infection will even show its face that fast!

infection-60773.jpg

thanks

You have a very severe infection of cottagecheezadosis. I'm afraid it's terminal and there is only one safe and legal way to dispose of it. You must let it ferment to completion, mix it with 5 oz of dextrose, put it into bottles and ship it to me.

Pssst, it's fine. Step away from the carboy. It looks like you got a good break that ended up in the carboy. You're temperature is creeping up though. :ban:

Oddly it cleared up tremendously in the last couple hours since i posted this. No more cottagecheezadosis.

I'll lower my chamber temp a couple degrees. Thanks. Nothing else to see here people...move along, move along.

Back