Phoenix Brew Pubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photopilot

Reaction score
I have been passing through Phoenix for work recently and for the first time had an evening free. We visited North Mountain Brewing tonight as it came up first on the search. What other breweries should I visit next time I'm here? We usually stay in Deer Valley.

Up that way Fate and Papago were recommended when I was there a few weeks ago. I didn't have a chance to visit Fate, but Papago had good food and a good lineup of taps (their beer and others).

It really depends on how far you can drive. Fate in Scottsdale and Arizona Wilderness in Gilbert are two of the newer brewers and both are getting rave reviews. Downtown there is Phoenix Ale Brewery, which is OK. In Tempe, there is the state's largest brewery, Four Peaks. In Chandler, San Tan is one of the fastest growing breweries in the SW. Huss brewing is relatively new in Tempe and brewing some pretty tasty beer (small tap room only). OHSO is a very small nano in east Phoenix and does a lot of small brewers and collaborates a lot with local homebrewers. I would hit up any of the ones I mentioned. :)

Four Peaks baby!!! My absolute fav brew pub ever!! It's in Tempe kinda off the beaten path 8th street and Dorsey. Its located in an old warehouse, I think it use to be a dairy farm at one time. Chilled atmosphere, good food, tasty brews. Parking is lousy so get there early, like early afternoon. The place is usually packed by 4:30 - 5:00 and stays packed until closing. There is also another location in north Scottsdale but the atmosphere is a little tense, unfun. Not exactly a beer crowd.

Four Peaks also opened up a tasting room in the newer production facility in Tempe a couple years ago. No kitchen but daily food trucks. It's a bit more low key with easier parking.

Latest posts

Back