Perlick to stop selling 525 in 2014?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTgill

Reaction score
So I've been looking at faucets for an upcoming keezer build and I noticed on the chicompany website (ventmatic faucet seller) that all the perl faucets state that they will be pulled from the market in first quarter 2014. Anyone else heard this?

That's correct. They are replacing the 525SS with the 630SS. They took out a ledge at the bottom of the faucet and changed the angle of the spout slightly to make the faucet drain faster making it more sanitary. They relocated the O-ring in the bonnet area and changed the bearing cup to stop any potential leaking from that area. And the sealing O-ring at the spout was changed to a different style O-ring.

Here it is: https://www.birdmanbrewing.com/perlick-630ss-stainless-faucet/

It's also available with all of our beer towers and keg kits.

thadius, daytrippr - the "ledge" refers to the shape of a portion of the interior of the faucet which has been flattened out to produce a better flow. i.e., a right angle "ledge" has been smoothed out.

You mean on the shank side of the #3 O-ring, or on the spout side?

I'm not sure what the advantage of the former would be if the flow-limiting factor remains the inside diameter of the #3 O-ring. Otoh, if the downwards turn of the spout starts immediately past the O-ring, it might eliminate one or two of the three drips on closure typical of a working 525...

Cheers!

You mean on the shank side of the #3 O-ring, or on the spout side?

I'm not sure what the advantage of the former would be if the flow-limiting factor remains the inside diameter of the #3 O-ring. Otoh, if the downwards turn of the spout starts immediately past the O-ring, it might eliminate one or two of the three drips on closure typical of a working 525...

Cheers!

Spout side. (And we're just relaying the info from Perlick.)

Latest posts

Back