Perlick 525ss drips more than appropriate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wowbeeryum

Reaction score
I recently set up a kegerator with 3 525ss faucets. I ran a keg through one faucet and it worked wonderfully, maybe 2-3 quick drips after pouring. I'm running a keg through the second faucet and what I'm experiencing is entirely different. This faucet needs to be closed pretty hard or it will slowly drip for what seems like forever, and even with a hard close it drips maybe 3-4 quick drips and then maybe 5 more slow drips over the next 2-3 minutes. It eventually seals completely, but this is still annoying. I tried messing with it by unscrewing and removing the top portion (what's that called?) to make sure everything was secure, and playing with different levels of tightness/looseness for this section. However, none of that seems to have worked or changed anything.

What should I do next? Do I have a defective product? Any advice would be appreciated.

Seems like a o-ring issue. Take the faucet apart(o-rings and all) and re-assemble it. I had a similar issue but when it happened to me the tap handle wouldn't seem to close completely and beer would keep coming out(but slowly). And this was after dispensing half a keg already before this happened. So what I did was took the faucet completely apart and cleaned it again and checked the exit o-ring. And after I put it all back together it was back to normal. I recommend doing this and if that doesn't work take it back.

can you provide a link or more direction about how to do this? last night I took the faucet completely off, unscrewed everything from the top (black handle, the seat the handle sits on, and the top cover and o-ring), slid out the guide that the o-ring sits on, but at that point I was stuck and wasn't sure what else to do. the ball piece seemed stuck in there and I wasn't sure how to get at an internal o-ring.

Check the O-ring seat, #3 in this picture:

You will have to pull out the faucet handle lever/bearing cup #5/6.

ahh, so it actually pulls out? does it require a lot of force? I was down to just that but it didn't seem like it would slide out. once I get it out it's just a matter of making sure that o-ring 3 is pushed flush/tight to the front of the faucet (like under the P logo)?

Great diagram pdietert! It takes a little fines to get it out but it does come out. Yes make sure that the seal is all the way forward. While you're down there though I would clean everything and inspect the seals before putting it back together.

It should pull out, it has been awhile since I have taken one apart but I do not remember using too much force. Here is a cross section might help:

thanks for the info. I will try taking it completely apart, making sure things are clean and in good condition (it's hardly been used), and put it back together. I got down to the faucet handle but it most certainly didn't just easily come out of the faucet. i'll try with more force.

I had a similar leak issue with a brand new SS tap as well. I took it apart, cleaned it well and used a fair amount of keg lube on all the gaskets and moving parts .... problem solved.
Cheers!

Back