Peach Raspberry Blonde Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectre216

Reaction score
I have a blonde in that I wanted to fruit for the summer weather. Someone suggested a raspberry peach beer and I thought it sounded interesting. So I was wondering, how much of each fruit should I add? It's a four gallon batch, so I was thinking maybe 1.5 lbs of raspberries and maybe 5-6 lbs of peaches. Is this too much/too little? I added less of each fruit than is suggested because in total there is more fruit, though less of each individual fruit.

5-6 lbs sounds like a lot of peaches, but I have not used them before.

Adding as much as 7.5 lbs of fruit to a 4 gal batch is also going to add a lot of sugar and consequently more alcohol, so you may want to account for that in your recipe. Add some extra body to the grain bill with the expectation it will get thinned out in secondary. I'm guessing you'll be adding sugar anyway since it's a blonde, so maybe just cut back? This is a poorly formatted, but informative chart that can give you an idea of sugar content of fruits: http://thepaleodiet.com/fruits-and-sugars/ (sorry it's from a paleo website).

Back