Peach brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLRAB

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to brewing and am looking for a good peach brew recipe for my wife. Would need to be extract recipe, no how to steep grains but definitly not all-grain. Thanks in advance.

Bottled: OktoBier Fest
Bavarian Bronze

Fernmenting: Summer Slammer
Summer Ale

On deck: Peach brew?

A friend of mine brews a peaches and steam or peaches and cream. Both are very nice and have the same grain bill. Only thing he's changed was the yeast. He brews all grain, but his recipe is 2 row with a lb of wheat and maybe some carapils. He's tried mashing, boiling and adding peaches to secondary. Boiling creates a mess and a cloudy beer. Mashing with peaches worked well, but adding blanched and peeled peaches to secondary seems to work best.

Converting that to extract, you're looking at a lb of wheat malt extract and 5 or 6 lbs of light LME.

If you want something really easy this will make a nice basic peach wheat:

Wheat DME 6 lbs
Hallertau 1 oz 60 min
Hallertau 1 oz 10 min
Wyeast 1010

After primary rack onto 2 cans or 6 lbs of Oregon or Vintner's peach puree. Make sure to have some headspace or blowoff on the secondary.
If doing partial boil I would add half to 2/3 the extract at flameout.

Latest posts

Back