Paulaner Salvator double bock on a cold winter day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justdrumin

Reaction score
This is very nice and warm on this cold winter day! It has a bit of an alcohol taste to it though. Anyone else get this from it? Otherwise it's very nice and malty!

Edit: I don't know why, but my pics always end up sideways on HBT :drunk:

image.jpg

Never got any boozy flavors from it.I still use the bottles from those when they still had the bearded monks embossed around the shoulder of the bottles. Labels come off real quick too!

this is one of my all time favs...easily in my top 5 of all time! had the munich experience 10 years ago, and went to the nockherburger brewery where they had this on tap. it was served in a .5L mug and was deeeeeelicious.

i love the ruby color and bready, slightly fruity/raisiny nose and HUGE flavor. not so much boozy as just a wonderful alcohol warmth. now i'm thirsty.

this is one of my all time favs...easily in my top 5 of all time! had the munich experience 10 years ago, and went to the nockherburger brewery where they had this on tap. it was served in a .5L mug and was deeeeeelicious.

i love the ruby color and bready, slightly fruity/raisiny nose and HUGE flavor. not so much boozy as just a wonderful alcohol warmth. now i'm thirsty.

That's a good way to explain it! A alcohol warmth. That's exactly it. Man is it one wholesome brew! Man is it ever amazing on a nice cold winter day. This will have to be in my schedule to brew for next winter! I have been trying to decide what to brew for the winter season and I find myself gravitating to more and more German styles. I LOVE the German styles, so this will be perfect for next winter.

I just sampled some of that on a recent trip to Germany. It was one of my favorites that I tried when I was over there. I agree with the alcohol taste to it. But, I thought it was good with that note!

Latest posts

Back