Outdoor Foreman Grill as heat source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TowsonTiger22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my situation. I'll be in a third floor apartment when I move this weekend. Not supposed to use any propane on the porch. But George Foreman makes and outdoor electric grill. Does anyone think it would work for boiling everything in the allgrain process?

A couple heat sticks [1, 2] will be lots cheaper and will put out much more heat. I very much doubt the electric grill will get the job done.

George Foreman makes and outdoor electric grill. Does anyone think it would work for boiling everything in the allgrain process?
No. If this is it, I have one. It's only 1600W.

312AE028S1L._SS500_.jpg

I had a foreman grill, barely cooked hot dogs with it. No way it's boiling wort.

What about using the stove? I do full 5 gallon boils on mine. I use a 30qt pot, and push it back and light the back burner as well, and git'r done...

Unfortunately, there's no way that thing is going to have enough juice to do a full boil. I doubt it could even do a partial boil.

I agree with the heating element idea as an alternative to a gas burner.

Unfortunately, there's no way that thing is going to have enough juice to do a full boil. I doubt it could even do a partial boil.

I agree with the heating element idea as an alternative to a gas burner.

Might be worth a try though, it's a lot cheaper than buying a heating element. If you can boil enough water for a big pot of pasta, then you should be able to boil a partial batch. I have to partially cover my pot to get the boil going, then I'm good to go after that.

I was just kinda wondering. I was think of getting one anyway, so that I can sorta feel like I'm grilling. My WSM has been sitting for over a year without any use. I might go with the heat stick approach, or just stick with extract for a lil while longer.

The combination of the Foreman Grill and a 1500-2000W heatstick would get you in the heat range without needing a 220V line.

Edit:
You'd just have to plug into two separate 120V circuits.

Latest posts

Back