Our first All grain. With IC build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullDraw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what I learned. All grain isn't that much of a jump from a PM. Full boil is the jump. And don't build something during the brew. Sit back and enjoy the event. But things went well. Hit the numbers and it's bubbling away as we speak.

Flyanglers March Brown Mild.

Good Assistant
100_1701.jpg

Rain Prep.
016.jpg

Mash it.
017.jpg

018.jpg

Nicely done! I like your hopper on your mill. The stock "hopper"/"bowl" looks much bigger than the one I have on mine. I do not think a jug like you used would be balanced in mine, as it is smaller.

What a great way to spend a weekend!

Prost!

I need a brew assistant like that!

I will be curious to see/taste the results of this! ;)

Did you use any irish moss, whirfloc, etc in the boil?

No moss or whirl. Haven't ever used it. If i had some, maybe I'd toss it in. Maybe next batch, the blonde. Maybe I can get some delivered or traded for harvested yeast......

And the assistant, he's mine. But I'll trade him for a real pretty girl any day.

Sweet, I popped your AG cherry! :rockin:

That recipe is one that I brew again and again, 'bout the closest thing to a house ale that I have in my repetoire.

Nice day! I've got a half-keg I need to fire up...I just got it from my father-in-law last week. He's a retired welder and he got it in trade for some work he did. But it's just been too damned hot here to brew. Looks like a good recipe too...it's going on the list.

nice man! looks like a fun day... did you make that mash paddle?? it's a nice looking 'un.

That would suck turds to have to make an IC during the brew day. At least you had some good help and it looks like it turned out well. I too use an empty juice bottle as a corona hopper. I think the hopper that came with mine is a little larger than yours shows but not by much. Hope you had fun.

Yeah, I made the paddle. Leftover Sassafras. The juice bottle fits tight with a little window gasket foam insulation.

We brewed again yesterday. Much more organized. I'm liking the outdoor brewing much better. Tried the BM Centennial Blonde. Didn't hit the numbers quite as well, but I blame it on my crush. I used a drill this time, and don't think it was fine enough in the long run.

Back