Ordering Online - Does this happen to you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyO

Reaction score
I typically order my supplies online for the next few batches I'm planning.

Pretty much, each time I order, I order something that I have no idea what I planned on doing with.

This time, it's three pounds of flaked wheat. I just kegged a batch of witbier. I'll bet I planned on putting flaked wheat in there originally.

What are some things you've ended up with that you have no idea why you ordered it?

I've picked up odds and ends at the LHBS that I have no actual plan for using before. Always on the equipment side rather than the ingredient side. Though I do have like 14 oz of Carafa because I had to buy a whole pound and only needed 2 oz for the recipe (with some of the more obscure grains he just stocks pre-portioned 1 lb bags).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Home Brew mobile app

I generally plan 4 or 5 beers before ordering on line. Usually they are similar, but occasionally I order ingredients for an odd beer. My main reason is not wanting to keep any ingredients too long. I like every thing to be as fresh as possible. I do buy most of my hops from a grower when the new crop comes in each year and keep them frozen, so hops are less of an issue.

Since I don't want to have to pay for shipping again, I tend to place big orders and get a bunch of stuff I don't really need right now. Unfortunately, my nearest LHBS is 50 miles away and has very limited hours/days, so I can't easily run there and pick something up last minute. So, I get everything I can out of $7.99 flat rate shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back