Opening and Resealing During Priming?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latmperkmol

Reaction score
As a very new brewer, I'm curious to taste my beer every step of the way to see how it develops. Currently, I have a stout that has been priming for about a week and a half and I'm dying to give it a try. Almost all of my bottles are those big 1L resealable ones (like Howe Sound for BC folks).

My question is this: if I open up one of the bottles now, pour some out to try, and reseal it, will the rest finish priming correctly? I don't want to risk ruining nearly one liter of beer with my impatience just to try a little, but if it's safe I want to give it a taste and see how it's developing!

Yeah, I wouldn't bother the bottles as they sleep either. If you really want to taste the brew as it ages, keg it up!

Beer changes character so much as it carbonates, as it settles into it's new home, and as it ages.

Varieties that will age better than others are those that are a little more complex in flavor and dimension - think big stouts, porters, higher gravity beers.

Cheers, and welcome to homebrewing!

Latest posts

Back