Oops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dordelli

Reaction score
I recently moved and decided I would leave all of my hops in the garage freezer for transport and simply plug in the freezer once it arrived at the new house, at most the freezer would be off for an hour or two. Well, I forgot to plug the freezer in upon arrival...... for two days! I have about 6lbs of hops (both leaf and pellets) that was affected, should I chuck them or use them?

I assume they were in bags or vacuum sealed? What could have possibly happened to them in a couple days?

Unless your freezer magically turned into a hotbox and the temperature got above 80 for a good length of time, you should be fine. If the freezer stayed closed it was probably plenty cool enough for your hops. RDWHAHHB. (extra H for Hoppy!)

Like said, unless poorly bagged and they got really hot. There should be no problems. The hops you get via online sit in a truck without cooling for a couple of days.....

Back