Online stores that sell grain by the oz?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tj218

Reaction score
Besides Brewmasters Warehouse does anyone know of any other online store that sell grain by the ounce?

Austin Homebrew Supply does for all specialty grains. Base grains are only available in half-pound increments though.

How is Austin on processing orders? My latest BMW order still hasn't shipped out (5 days), causing me to look elsewhere.

Austin always gets my orders out pretty fast. Only thing I would say bad is their per OZ prices are a little high. C60 is 1.81/lb ($0.11/oz). 1oz costs $0.60, and then the price per once goes down the more C60 you order $1.30 for 8oz ($0.16/oz).

I usually just order by the pound i rarely use anything but 1/4oz increments in my recipes. Fast flat rate shipping, they are my go to.

Can't think of a grain I'd want an Oz or two of. For a couple bucks a pound, I just vac seal what I don't use and keep it in a 5 gal plastic bucket. They'll keep for months like that.

How is Austin on processing orders? My latest BMW order still hasn't shipped out (5 days), causing me to look elsewhere.

I had the same issue with BMW, took them over a week to process my order and then another week shipping it (which I anticipated). Never had a problem with AHS.

I had the same issue with BMW, took them over a week to process my order and then another week shipping it (which I anticipated). Never had a problem with AHS.

BMW has never taken this long before, was hoping to brew this weekend, now I am hoping to brew BEFORE next weekend.

Back