One way gas valve for gas line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive Drab

Reaction score
I had a slow leak and after being on the road for a few weeks i came home to 4 depressurized kegs in my kegerator. Is there a product available that would be a one way gas valve or perhaps something at the corney keg connection that will only let gas in and not out? I am open to any suggestions so that if there is a leak in the system, I dont lost carbonation in all kegs. I have had this tank hooked up for 3 years so the leak has to be very minor.

thanks

Yes, such a valve is available, and it's called a "check valve".
While many manifold shut-off valves have integrated check valves, if you don't have one you can buy checks from McMaster-Carr and stick 'em right in front of the disconnects...

Start here, then around the middle of the page look for plastic valves with barbed tube fittings...

Cheers!

If you have MFL quick disconnects, there are check valves that thread directly on to that, then go to your gas line. They are $8-10 a piece though.

I have also used the polypropylene check valves from usplastics that are inline with oetiker clamps. I don't really use these as much now that I have moved to John Guest fittings.

I would say that if you want to leave your CO2 on all the time, you need to find that leak and fix it first, regardless of the check valves.

My general recommendation, though somewhat controversial here, is to turn off the tank valve when not in use. I remove my quick disconnects, and turn off the tank valves on all my CO2 tanks now. I have minor leaks in some of my gas systems, and I have had leaks develop over the course of years, and I have learned the hard way that if I don't want to empty a CO2 tank prematurely, that I need to turn the gas systems off completely. I have a 50# tank that I have been using for serving only purposes for around 8-9 years now. This also has the benefit of showing you if you have a leak, and if you do, how major the leak is. Fix any big leak, for sure. I just don't sweat the small leaks anymore, especially with how much gas equipment I have now.

Latest posts

Back