One tap foamy other not??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidewinder1987

Reaction score
I have one a 3 tap keezer I am just finishing up I have the temp set at 36 4 degree difrential with the probe set in an insulated container of water. I'm using commercial kegs I only have 2 hooked up right now one is a light beer the one I'm getting all the foam out of and the other is a pale ale the pale al pours fine and the light beer is all foam no matter what. I tried 12 psi 10 and 5 same results. I tried switching the couplers and the same result with the other faucet the light beer keg still pours all foam

Don't go low on the CO2, you need enough pressure to hold the CO2 in solution.
Plus the odds are the light beer was carbed higher than the pale to begin with.

By "just finishing up" is there a chance those kegs are now warmer than optimal?
That would cause the higher carbed keg to give up CO2 which can mess up the pour.
Maybe wait 24 hours to see once everything's chilled to pass judgement?

Finally, what is the inside diameter and length of your beer lines?

Cheers!

All my tubing is accuflex bev seal ultra barrier tubing 3/16" id and all are 6' for all 3 kegs the kegs have sat for over 24 hours now and are at 36-40 degrees the only way I can get all 3 to pour half way decent is with my pressure set at 6 psi. I also have intertap flow control faucets and with the flow lever turned down to a trickle it creates more foam then when they are opened up full blast

Hows the airflow situation? Any fans in there to circulate the air

Yes I do have one fan in the top blowing down inside the keezer it is only a 5.5 cu ft so I would think one fan should be enough

Last edited:
That barrier tubing has less resistance than regular tubing so you will tend to need longer runs to maintain balance. 6 foot lines are definitely too short for 12 psi at 36-40 degrees.
I would think 12-15 foot lines for that psi/temp.

That barrier tubing has less resistance than regular tubing so you will tend to need longer runs to maintain balance. 6 foot lines are definitely too short for 12 psi at 36-40 degrees.
I would think 12-15 foot lines for that psi/temp.
Why would 2 of the taps pour fine and the other not with the same length tubing though?

Like most, the OP expected the flow control faucets to do what flow control faucets are purported to do...

Cheers!
Yes exactly I figured I would spend the extra money and if I didn't have it dialed it just slow it down for good pours and I can't even seem to do that

Latest posts

Back