Older co2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ztp

Reaction score
Received this regulator for free, it's an older one but I don't think it's ever been used. The low pressure side reads up to 160, but if I'm correct I can just replace that gauge with a lower psi one correct? Or can I just use it even though this one reads up to 160? Any help/advice is much appreciated

image-2812583752.jpg

should be able to replace it assuming its a standard fitting - i had a similar gauge that I replaced with a 0-60 gauge from keg connection for ~$7
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=73

the problem with the 0-160 is that it's really hard to fine tune your psi level since the majority of time you will likely be in the 10-15psi range

you can use it as-is, but as mentioned its nice to have the fine-grained control of a gauge with a smaller range.

you also might want to try and find some replacement soft parts for that thing. the o-rings and diaphragm inside drys out after a few decades, and can be a source of leaks. if you cant, and it dosent leak, i wouldnt worry about it too much though.

just remember when ordering gauges; there are left- and right-hand threaded gauges. look first and get the correct one.

That look's like a high-pressure primary reg. that's usually used in the soda industry, that require high pressure to run bev. pumps and carbonator. It will still work as stated above, but not with great accuracy at the lower 8-15 psi range. In it's condition and age, I don't know if it's worth even wasting your time and $$$ on. It might be hard finding a diaphragm rebuild kit for that older model, i'm thinking!! Hope that help's some. Cheers!!!

Im gonna swap out the low pressure side and give it a whirl, if it doesn't work its no big loss on my part. It looks like it is in rough shape but it doesn't look like it has ever been used, not that that means anything, time has its effects on everything. Thanks for the advice though. :mug:

Latest posts

Back