Oklahoma Choc Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbig

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of a recipe for this? The "Choc" stands for Choctaw, from the local Indian Tribe, and I'm not finding anything except one recipe from Northern Brewers that has raisins and corn meal, and thousands of pages where people have abbreviated "Chocolate" to choc.

It's an old recipe and a restaurant named Pete's in Krebs, OK. serves it, but it is something the locals were making before the turn of the 20th century, and Pete did prison time a couple times brewing during Prohibition. I was told that people used to simply use a can of LME you could by from a grocery store called "Blue Ribbon", and they used regular cane sugar and bread yeast with it since that's all they had at the time. I've got a friend that really likes that and was wanting to make some for him. I even tried calling Pete's to talk to their brewmaster, but they seem to be pretty close-lipped to answering any questions about it.

Any info on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back