Ok! Wha'ts going on! Or, what is not going on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkwarn3

Reaction score
Ok! So I brewed last week and just wanted to peek and see if everything was going on nicely! I open up my bucket, and it looks exactly like it did when I put it in there! Is this a wasted batch? And, what could I have done wrong????

image-2277168427.jpg

image-15411364.jpg

I agree,it looks like absolutely nothing happened in there. Look around & see if you forgot the yeast packet. If you did pitch & it looks like that,the yeast were DOA,or you pitched when the wort was above 120F or so.

unionrdr said:
I agree,it looks like absolutely nothing happened in there. Look around & see if you forgot the yeast packet. If you did pitch & it looks like that,the yeast were DOA,or you pitched when the wort was above 120F or so.

As it turns out, the yeast I used was dead! I pitched in again and.........whamo! That stuff was going crazy!! Moving over to Carboy this weekend and gonna let it sit until December 1....then bottle and hopefully enjoy a few weeks later!!
Selenite!

bkwarn3 said:
As it turns out, the yeast I used was dead! I pitched in again and.........whamo! That stuff was going crazy!! Moving over to Carboy this weekend and gonna let it sit until December 1....then bottle and hopefully enjoy a few weeks later!!
Selenite!

Or maybe I'll just go straight to bottle and let it sit til December!

First of all congrats on fermentation.

Depending on the style of beer or perhaps wiser heads prevailing, I do not think you wanna leave it that long sitting in fermenter.

brewkinger said:
First of all congrats on fermentation.

Depending on the style of beer or perhaps wiser heads prevailing, I do not think you wanna leave it that long sitting in fermenter.

He said something about transferring to a secondary. It would be fine in a secondary until then as long as there isn't much headspace. But I would probably just do a 4-5 week primary and then bottle.

thood6 said:
He said something about transferring to a secondary. It would be fine in a secondary until then as long as there isn't much headspace. But I would probably just do a 4-5 week primary and then bottle.

Yes, I think I will go straight to bottle! I have a glass carboy that allows for minimal headspace and that was my original plan, but
I think I'll just bottle it and let it sit!
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back