Oh NO!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuddyCreek

Reaction score
Well. Memorial Day weekend was the big roll-out of an entire E-Herm run. Start to finish with the new rig including using a counterflow chiller I picked up from a member right here on HBT.

Well, short story shorter... everything went really well. I only made a couple of really minor mistakes and my brew day was dramatically shortened as a result.

What the heck was I supposed to do with those extra couple of hours?

Scrub bottles, organize the stash, design labels/tap handles/fridge magnet to hang over tap, and if all else fails, you could do what I did, make wine! 5 gallons of Key lime-a-Rita went into the primary this weekend. So did 5 gallons of a Orange Belgian Wit and 5 Gallons Liberty Cream.

Boredom is not something I am familiar with. If I have a free moment at home there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done.

You could have done a second batch! :tank:

Well, if you must know I ended up mowing the lawn, working on the kids playground structure and putting tile on the top of my brew sculpture.

I 'could have' brewed a second batch, but I didn't get started until almost 1 and we had guests planned for that evening. I don't think it would have been possible to get a second batch done quickly enough. Although I am very happy with my rig, it is not set up to boil one batch while heating the HLT for another.

EDIT

(although, I suppose that's why God made propane...)

Latest posts

Back