Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does it feel to go season after season after season knowing your team blows?

Honestly, not great. I stopped wearing all Jets gear when people would stop me and tell me how great a Christian Tebow is. They're a bad team, a bad organization, and a bad group of fans but they're not cheaters.

People hate cheaters. I'm willing to let Spy-Gate go because the Pats were caught and punished and there three Superbowl wins sullied. The team gets caught cheating AGAIN and you wonder why people hate them? It's not because you win. People love winners like Russell Wilson, Peyton Manning, even Drew Brees. America tends to hate cheaters which is exactly who the Pats are. Cheaters. Go ahead and defend that, **** get behind it even, but at the end of the day the Pats are cheaters. Brady and Belicheck are first ballot hall of famers. You will see stories about how they were cheaters when they're enshrined.

Yeah... People love Drew Brees because his team has never been caught breaking the rules... or.... CHEATING

We'll just gloss over the fact their head coach was banned for a fckuing year.

I usually give you props Darwin but you sound like a drooling retard right now.

I do believe Belichick when he says he had no idea that the balls were deflated. I mean, if he was really behind this, do you really think he wouldn't have flattened all twelve?

People hate cheaters. I'm willing to let Spy-Gate go because the Pats were caught and punished and there three Superbowl wins sullied. The team gets caught cheating AGAIN and you wonder why people hate them? It's not because you win. People love winners like Russell Wilson, Peyton Manning, even Drew Brees. America tends to hate cheaters which is exactly who the Pats are. Cheaters. Go ahead and defend that, **** get behind it even, but at the end of the day the Pats are cheaters. Brady and Belicheck are first ballot hall of famers. You will see stories about how they were cheaters when they're enshrined.

You are right. People don't hate winners. People hate teams that dominate for so long. Russell Wilson has won 1 SB. Peyton Manning has won 1 SB. Drew Brees has won 1 SB. Winning a SB is great and does make each QB a winner. Tom Brady has won 3. The Patriots have the best record since 2000 with 163 wins. The 3 QBs you mentioned are very good. The Patriots blow them out of the water. That is why people hate them. You are going to go on and on about cheating and blah blah blah. I don't buy it. You just jumped on the "Patriots can't win without cheating" bandwagon. You can't say how good your team is so you need to say something bad about another team. Not blaming you. It will happen with the next destiny team and continue on forever. People need to hate the best team around.

Yeah... People love Drew Brees because his team has never been caught breaking the rules... or.... CHEATING

Exactly!!! And what about Suh. He is known for intentionally trying to injury players. He gets suspended for stepping on Rodgers leg but can still play his next game in the playoffs. No one cares. The only reason this is big is because it is against the Pats because they dominate teams. Look at the Vikings. They were told not to heat the balls up but they did. No one cares. Because the Vikings suck.

As the Great BB would say "On to Seattle". Pats are going to kill them!!! Brady will get his 4th ring and be the best QB of all time.

The Saints weren't caught cheating. They were caught maliciously trying to injure people. It's not a huge difference either way.

As the Great BB would say "On to Seattle". Pats are going to kill them!!! Brady will get his 4th ring and be the best QB of all time.

Except, you'll have lots and lots of people saying he's a cheater. He might end up with four, or even more, rings but he will always be mentioned as a cheater.

Honestly, not great. I stopped wearing all Jets gear when people would stop me and tell me how great a Christian Tebow is. They're a bad team, a bad organization, and a bad group of fans but they're not cheaters.

I thought you stopped wearing Jets gear because you were caught knocking out that chick on videotape?

The Saints weren't caught cheating. They were caught maliciously trying to injure people. It's not a huge difference either way.

Except, you'll have lots and lots of people saying he's a cheater. He might end up with four, or even more, rings but he will always be mentioned as a cheater.

Yup lots and lots of people hating success. And that doesn't bother me. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Maybe one day the Jets will dominate (hahahaha) and you will see everyone hating them for it.

Remind me how those three Superbowls are sullied, when what they got in trouble for in 2007 didn't become illegal until 2006?

(Helpful Hint: they won all three Superbowls before 2006)

Remind me how those three Superbowls are sullied, when what they got in trouble for in 2007 didn't become illegal until 2006?

(Helpful Hint: they won all three Superbowls before 2006)

Like I keep saying, people need to find a reason to hate a dominating team. This ball deflating this is a great example. The NFL hasn't even said the Pats did anything yet and people are hating. Hating for no reason.

People can hate because they will keep hating when the Pats beat Seattle.

The Saints weren't caught cheating. They were caught maliciously trying to injure people. It's not a huge difference either way..

Yeah... You're right.., setting up a formalized bounty system in order to intentionally try to take out key players on opposing teams.... Nahhh. I can't see how the Saints would get any advantage there... No.. That's not "cheating"... The league didn't suspend Belichick and Payton got a year... But nooooooo. That's not "cheating"...

And yeah... Under Inflating footballs by two lbs and using a camera instead of a notebook.... Yeah, those are the big time "cheating" offenses.

Just fckuing stop

Holllllllllllllllllllllld the phone... what??? The Seahawks used an ILLEGAL six-man wedge on that on-side kick???? WHAAAAAT!?!?! And they snuck it by the officials????

Hold on!!! That's against the rules!!! On argueably the biggest play of that game!!!!

CHEATERS!!!!! CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHEEEEEEEEEEATERS!!!!!!!

Get Seattle out of the Super Bowl!!!! Should be the Packers!!!!

Fckuning Seattle Cheathawks!!! Given all the PED use that team has and the history of cheating, I'm not shocked that they would cheat on the biggest play of their season.

Frauds... total frauds and they have no business representing the NFC in the Super Bowl.

I don't give a rats ass about deflate gate, or spygate, or whatevergate.

The reason I don't like NE is because they're NE, and I'm from Seattle. I also don't like the Red Sox, Yankees, or any team outside of Washington. I also don't like them because they've had success (although its been 10 years now, and those memories are fading)

I can't wait for the Super Bowl, and I sure as hell can't wait for this thread to implode when the pats lose to a superior team.

It's gonna be a fun one, just wishing it was closer!

Cape. I really hope that you can distinguish between an illegal play on the field that was missed by the refs and intentionally deflating your team's game balls AFTER they've been inspected by the refs so that your team can enjoy an unnecessary advantage throughout the game. Let's not deflect true cheating away from the Cheatriots.

Yea damn those Hawks for the illegal play, except it wasn't sooo there's that.

Here's an interesting question someone in my office brought up this morning: would an under-inflated ball even be an advantage when it comes to throwing the ball down the field? I'm no aerodynamics expert, but it would seem that a harder ball might provide a little less wind resistance, especially in wet, nasty conditions. Hell, the softer ball might even be responsible for the slight underthrow that led to the pick that led to this whole mess in the first place.

I'm leaning more and more in Cape's direction, in that I'm pissed that the team let this become any kind of a discussion point at all, but it's ridiculous and in the end a non-issue as far as whether it's a significant benefit to anyone.

Here's an interesting question someone in my office brought up this morning: would an under-inflated ball even be an advantage when it comes to throwing the ball down the field? I'm no aerodynamics expert, but it would seem that a harder ball might provide a little less wind resistance, especially in wet, nasty conditions. Hell, the softer ball might even be responsible for the slight underthrow that led to the pick that led to this whole mess in the first place.

I'm leaning more and more in Cape's direction, in that I'm pissed that the team let this become any kind of a discussion point at all, but it's ridiculous and in the end a non-issue as far as whether it's a significant benefit to anyone.

It's all the ability to grip the ball effectively. Aaron Rodgers has talked about how he likes to OVERinflate the ball (above the league-mandated rules!) because he has no problem gripping plump, turgid balls.

(wait, are we still talking football)?

But presumably for quarterbacks with (relatively) smaller hands, it's not as easy to get a good grip and to have a good level of control. And it seems that would be more pronounced when the ball's well and trying to slip out of your hands. Same reason that Brad Johnson paid some kids $7,500 to scuff up his balls before the Super Bowl, so he'd get a better grip.

Aerodynamics in the air would seem to be less important than having control in the hand and being able to put a good spiral the on ball.

You are the king rationalizer. LOL..comedy.

"Total win angle". More classic...

Yeah... What idiots we are... measuring how good a team is by how many games they win. Where the hell did we come up with that crazy "angle"??

But you don't argue that you pimp out your fat sisters to make rent?

The funny part is that you choose a very specific time window for that, and your division is just god awful...btw which Seattle fans are talking like they are the most dominant dynasty ever?

Seattle fan: "Russell Wilson is a great QB, does nothing but win and is clutch"

What Cape hears: "Wilson is the best QB of all time and is way better than Brady, Brady sucks, Patriots suck. Wilson is a first ballot HOFer"

Yeah... You're right.., setting up a formalized bounty system in order to intentionally try to take out key players on opposing teams.... Nahhh. I can't see how the Saints would get any advantage there... No.. That's not "cheating"... The league didn't suspend Belichick and Payton got a year... But nooooooo. That's not "cheating"...

And yeah... Under Inflating footballs by two lbs and using a camera instead of a notebook.... Yeah, those are the big time "cheating" offenses.

Just fckuing stop

Still has nothing to do with Brees which is why you brought the topic up in the first place. Brees plays QB ... he's not on defense, Cape.

there in lies the fckuing stupidity of all of this... Ten fckuing years ago... For the 18,985,345th time... The pats used a camera instead of a fckuing notebook. The ******* masses have droned on for a fckuning decade how "ooooo the pats are cheaters, they stole signals!!"

now... Take a whole ten seconds and really think about that sentence.

For the 18,985,346th time... There was no rule, and still is no rule, against stealing signals. But facts? Nahhh... That's irrelevant... They were told not to it with a camera, they were ******** and did it, they got caught, and they got a nasty slap on the wrist... And for that, they now have a "such a history of cheating" because they used a camera instead of a notebook? One incident!

So, wtf are you talking about??

The pats filed a greivance against the jets a few weeks back for tampering given woody johnson's comments about revis, who is a free agent this summer.

Ohhhhh!!!!! Jets are fckuing cheaters!!!!! Oh my god!!!! Cheaters!!!! Woody johnson is going against nfl rules to try to steal one of the pats best players!!! Cheaters!!!!! Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaters!!!!!

Now listen to that for ten fckuing years. Then, in ten years, i'll say, "oh well... Yeah... The jets have such a history of cheating, remember woody johnson tampering with the pats??? Hmmm?? "

that's how fckuing stupid all of this sounds.

Now... Everyone is up in arms like the pats were out raping orphanded babies. Everyone is calling for belichick's head. Fcking seriously??? Like belichick is holed up in his evvvvvvvil lair in foxboro... Scheming... "muaaaa ahhh ahhhh!!!! I'll show goodell... I'll show em alll!!!! Get me the equipment manager on the phone immediately!!!!! "

"ok... Here's what i want you to do... Take... Two lbs.. Of pressure out of the footballs. Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!! What??? You don't want to!?!?1 doooooo it or i'll eat your spleen!!!!!"

it's all so fckuing retarded.

If this was any other team, this wouldn't make a single headline. The pats have been kicking the fcku out of most teams for almost 15 years now and the universal hatred comes from that. If the pats deserve a kick in the dick for anything it's not appreciating that fact and not going way, way out of their way to ensure that this kind of bullshti ammunition doesn't get created.

tldr

And the end of the day, I guess the real point is simply that you can all blow me. I am pissed at the Pats for doing something stupid but this is so overblown it's embarrassing. Go ahead... hate em. While you're hating them you can suck my balls.

I won't really be too concerned about any of it when I'm on my way out to Arizona to watch them play in the Super Bowl.

I love the "Related Videos" in that link. "Is Wilson Already More Clutch Than Brady?" Russell Wilson? They guy who threw eight interceptions against Green Bay? The guy who got bailed out because Green Bay couldn't grab an onsides kick attempt, or knock down a dying-duck two-point conversion? The guy who was lucky his last interception was returned for two yards, when the defended easily could have gotten thirty?

That guy? He's clutch?

I'm still scratching my head on that one - why does a veteran guy like Peppers give the returner the "get down" signal in that situation? What the heck went through his mind?

Chances are it'll make for a far more interesting match-up next weekend, so I guess football fans in general should be thanking him. But I can't for the life of me figure out what the heck he was thinking...

I love the "Related Videos" in that link. "Is Wilson Already More Clutch Than Brady?" Russell Wilson? They guy who threw eight interceptions against Green Bay? The guy who got bailed out because Green Bay couldn't grab an onsides kick attempt, or knock down a dying-duck two-point conversion? The guy who was lucky his last interception was returned for two yards, when the defended easily could have gotten thirty?

That guy? He's clutch?

About as clutch as a Qb that hasn't won the big game in 10 years.

I usually base my view of Qbs off of one game as well, it makes a weak argument more solid.

I'm still scratching my head on that one - why does a veteran guy like Peppers give the returner the "get down" signal in that situation? What the heck went through his mind?

Chances are it'll make for a far more interesting match-up next weekend, so I guess football fans in general should be thanking him. But I can't for the life of me figure out what the heck he was thinking...

They were playing to run out the clock. I was watching the game with a friend of mine, who was advocating for them to run the ball and eat up some clock EARLY IN THE THIRD QUARTER. They played the whole second half like they just wanted to get the game over with ASAP.

Getting to the ground after the pick is the right move if you can go into "Victory Formation" immediately afterward, but really - five minutes to go, up by what - eight points at the time - you *need* to keep playing aggressive football!

Plus they probably weren't expecting the Cheathawks to be able to illegally line up 6 guys on that side of the field for the onside kick.

That may have been a big part of it.

You expect to be able to handle an onside kick... but when the other team cheats to the extent that it has a major influence on the outcome of the game... what can you do?

Such huge cheaters.... PEDs, cheating on the biggest play of the game to screw the Packers out of a SB appearance.

How do you sleep at night rooting for the Cheathawks?

I think they should take back all the wins the Patriots ever had at home in the winter when the opposing team was from a city with an indoor stadium or where the temperature is warmer than in NE. They're getting an unfair advantage from that open air stadium! Those visiting teams aren't accustomed to playing in that kind of weather. What low life cheaters! They'll do anything to win. The NFL should look into this. Stadiumgate!!

Such huge cheaters.... PEDs, cheating on the biggest play of the game to screw the Packers out of a SB appearance.

How do you sleep at night rooting for the Cheathawks?

Very well thank you.

Can't wait for Brady's confession this afternoon. The walls of Jericho are comin down yesssuh.

Back