Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may just cancel the 2014 season. Imagine you are a coach. " Alright guys, if we play really well, at the end of the season we get to go to New Jersey!". It' like playing the probowl in Wisconsin.

I am the opposite. Baseball is, in my mind, the best game that was ever invented. I do like to watch football, especially considering how well the Packers have done the last 20 years, but it really just keeps me busy till spring training starts. Which, if I am not mistaken, is in 8 days!!! :ban::ban::ban::ban:

Agreed and I love football. Baseball is something almost religious for me though. The flow and the history of the game, the parallels along side American history, the inportance as our past time. I love the Niners and the 5 SBs and that they are back, but the Giants world series win after all the years and heartache was cathartic. It was the single greatest sporting event in my life. I just sat quietly for hours after the win. Took some time to enjoy and process, then went out and grabbed some beers with other longtime fans.

I can picture McB's IM box getting filled up with messages from Moto already.... "oh hey buddy... We should totally hang out. I love Cody Ross too. Helluva basketball player! Soooooo. My place?"

Here's the deal MLBers. You're called the boyz of summer. So start and end in summer. Apr 3rd and Oct 3rd up here resembles nothing close to summer. Especially since the Twins no longer play in the big condom. Lop off 20-30 games from the schedule, MK? I give permission to start charging $14 per beer to recover losses.

Packers are going to rule the draft this year. Sleepers to shore up the D await. :p

Here's the deal MLBers. You're called the boyz of summer. So start and end in summer. Apr 3rd and Oct 3rd up here resembles nothing close to summer. Especially since the Twins no longer play in the big condom. Lop off 20-30 games from the schedule, MK? I give permission to start charging $14 per beer to recover losses.

Packers are going to rule the draft this year. Sleepers to shore up the D await. :p

Totally agree. I'm a purist though. I don't even like that there are night games.

When does arena football start? Baseball doesn't start to mean anything until after the all-star break, and even then, the last 3 weeks decide the playoff spots.

draft.JPG

Snipped from ESPN. And that's just the draft! :(. Ok, I'm done.

paulthenurse said:
Who just bought two tickets to see the Pats play the Rams next October at Wembley Stadium in London?

That would be me.

That would easily make your longest most expensive trip home after a loss. Way to get back on the horse.

Oh ****.

Jaws got kicked off of Monday Night Football.

Which is fine; I love Jaws, but more during the week than on broadcast night.

The problem is that it's only going to be a two-man crew now, and #2 is still Jon Gruden.

Is it too late for a team to hire Gruden to be their coach? He's the absolute worst announcer I've ever heard, I'd rather hear John Madden's drunken phone calls to Brett Favre than listen to Jon Gruden as the only commentator on a football game.

Why would you kick off Jaws, but keep Gruden?

a)?
220px-Dennis_Miller.jpg

b)?
220px-Tony_Kornheiser_2011.jpg

c)?
images

d)?
images

I choose d) as would the Nielsen rating results. If you're going to say stupid ****, do it with a jello shake.

(Quite frankly Chucky is too much coach personality for MNF at this stage of his life, not ignorant to the sport...)

And stop looking at her cleavage!

Oh ****.

Jaws got kicked off of Monday Night Football.

Which is fine; I love Jaws, but more during the week than on broadcast night.

The problem is that it's only going to be a two-man crew now, and #2 is still Jon Gruden.

Is it too late for a team to hire Gruden to be their coach? He's the absolute worst announcer I've ever heard, I'd rather hear John Madden's drunken phone calls to Brett Favre than listen to Jon Gruden as the only commentator on a football game.

Why would you kick off Jaws, but keep Gruden?

Cause Jaws sucks. So does Theisman. Most of the announcers suck. Joe Buck is an abomination, Chris Collinsworth should be executed. The ones I'd most like to hear more often are Billick, Aikman, and Moose.

Back