Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's irrelevant whether the Pats win the 1 seed or not. Whether New England is successful this postseason has 100% to do with whether the defense comes together and 0% to do with where the games are played. We've **** the bed at home, but I also believe that if the team is playing up to its full capabilities (on both ends), we could be playing in Baltimore, or Pitt, and it wouldn't matter.

Ehhh... ok... how do you expect them to lose that?

They don't own it. Baltimore does. Even in Houston, NE, Pitt, and Baltimore all win out Baltimore will have the 1 seed.

mehh... yeah, now that I'm lookin' at it, Baltimore's remaining schedule is almost pathetic as the Pats.

Ravens: Indy, Cleveland, San Diego, Cincy

Pats: Redskins, Denvers, Miami, Buffalo

Yeah, I am slightly worried about cincy though since it is in cincy.

ahhh... cause the Pats still play the Skins as one of the final four... gotcha.

Mehhh... not worried about it. Ravens blow. They'll gag a game or two up over the final four.

They'll gag a game or two up over the final four.

Sadly, that is probably true.

Dataz... lemme know if you want in on my sweet "piece of paper for $100" special I'm running. I'll make one up in purple camo for you.

It is going to take me a couple days to scrounge it up. Hopefully supplies don't run out.

I would hold onto them... it's just a matter of time...

crutchs.JPG

Yep here to talk a little trash... The Pack is still undefeated. Remember you can't be undefeated unless you win the 1st game!

anyways... A friend of mine has turned "The game" into a drinking game. Everytime an anouncer says/uses the term "man coverage" have a drink!

Well, my ownership era is not stating off too great. I came home from work to a SECOND confirmation email from the Packers. Looks like the issues with the website earlier this morning led to two orders going in for me. I closed out the first one because it wasn't going through, without confirming the order, so I figured that was enough. Any of you guys get a second confirmation email?

Only one email. Must have been you early birds that were bogging down the server, impatiently clicking away!

I'd think they'd be able to credit you if you send them an email or call.

i wonder how many people buying shares are season ticketholders?

what was it, 8 years ago now that they imposed the ticket tax? pay $stupid or lose your season tickets? if i remember it was many multiples of $250.

how come we don't get to buy "shareowner" packer sweatshirts?

You can buy this for the shareholder meeting.

4701168004_46_13_350.jpg

:eek:

Low, low price of $359. Friggen worse than pricey Harley garb.

Airborne sounds like a Wall Street Fat Cat to me... Hogging all of the control for himself and cheating the common fans out of the benefits of Packer fandom

The Houston Texans did it.

I didn't think they would. Thought his career was over.

The Houston Texans brought a 40-some year old QB out of retirement, guy who hasn't played all year.

HOUSTON (AP)—Jeff Garcia(notes) has signed with the Houston Texans on Wednesday, and will be their No. 3 quarterback behind rookie T.J. Yates(notes) and Jake Delhomme(notes).

The 41-year-old Garcia had individual workouts in Houston following injuries to both Matt Schaub(notes) and Matt Leinart(notes). Houston signed Delhomme last week to back up Yates, who completed 12 of 25 passes for 188 yards and a touchdown in a 17-10 win over Atlanta.

Houston (9-3) plays at Cincinnati (7-5) on Sunday, and can clinch the AFC South with a victory and a Tennessee loss.

I've said it before, I think Jeff Garcia's one of the most underrated players of the past twenty years. Smart player. Decent arm. 2-1 career TD/interception ratio. Completed 62% of his passes. Tough player. Athletic. Never made a lot of mistakes out there. He was a very good QB for San Fran before they drafted Alex Smith, and pretty good in Tampa. Certainly not a Hall of Famer, but I'm bringing him out of retirement and trusting him to not **** anything up before I'm bringing in ******* Brett Favre.

Heard that on garcia and I made the positive hmmm sound. I always liked him as well.

41? time flies!

Here is Garcias biggest play (wife) of his career.

S9L7954357.jpg

jeff-garcia-wife-carmella-decesare.jpg

But it's just a front, since T.O. said he was gay :D

I think he's overcompensating.

I honestly would not be surprised if he comes out in three or four years, when his career is done. TO could be right. And I really don't care.

Thing is, it would connect a lot of dots about why they seemed to run him out of town in San Fran (although there's a bit of an irony there). It would explain why a guy who was always a very good QB seemed to have so much trouble finding a gig, why he never seemed to be a player that teams were all that comfortable with.

And, yeah, I think he's got a Playboy centerfold for a beard.

Ok, back to the Packers' "stock sale."

Did y'all read the fine print?

The NFL Rules prohibit conduct by shareholders of NFL member clubs that is detrimental to the NFL, including [...] publicly criticizing any NFL member club or its management, employees.

If the Commissioner of the NFL (the "Commissioner") decides that a shareholder of an NFL member club has been guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL then, among other things, the Commissioner has the authority to fine such shareholder in an amount not in excess of $500,000 and/or require such shareholder to sell his or her stock. In addition, if the Commissioner determines that a shareholder has bet on the outcome or score of any game played in the NFL, among other things, then the Commissioner may fine such shareholder in an amount not in excess of $5,000 and/or require such shareholder to sell his or her stock.

You ****ers better start playing nice or I'm telling Roger Goodell. And for Dataz, it's a real good thing this wasn't the Ravens.

LOL. I saw the betting thing as I breezed through the prospectus that "you must read" before purchase. I did think of dataz.

I've been criticizing Favre since probably 2006. But think I'm safe there, 1/2 the stockholders would have to sell if they rounded us all up.

As for Garcia, hot chicks love hanging around with gay guys. They're safe. I too, could care less.

Interestingly (or not), a friend of one of my best friends is dating Jeff Garcia's sister. They were just in town last week.

Ah, big deal, pffft. Steven Gregory of Chargers fifth DB fame gave me zone defense pointers last week. :) On a serious note, my friend from work is his best friend. Fu$ker gets to go to like 5 games a year for free!

Interesting stat I heard on ESPN last night. No team has ever won the Superbowl who allows as many yards per game passing as the Packers do: 292 ypg, 31st rank. And Patriots are: 310 ypg, 32nd rank. I may be wrong on it being passing, could be total yards.

Didn't bother looking for this in writing and I am in need of lunch :).

Interesting stat I heard on ESPN last night. No team has ever won the Superbowl who allows as many yards per game passing as the Packers do: 292 ypg, 31st rank. And Patriots are: 310 ypg, 32nd rank. I may be wrong on it being passing, could be total yards.

Didn't bother looking for this in writing and I am in need of lunch :).

Stat:
No team has ever won Super Bowl XLVI.

Back