Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you meant he was driving a 1970 Subaru, and I was thinking... I don't think he'd fit. :drunk:

BACK%20IN%20THE%20DAY%20INVENTORY%20022.jpg

Tebow. All he does is win! Even if the offense had 47 total yards in the first half.

Not won yet, but Wtf.

Done. He did look pretty good in the second half though.

Who the **** is Orlovsky, and is he really putting up that good of numbers against the ****tiest defense in NFL history?

... if the Pats pass defense hadn't been so terrible all year, I'd remind you that the bulk of those yards came at the end of the game, when it was all but decided. Then, you'd remind me how thee game almost got UNdecided because of those three scores. I left to go run errands when the score was 31-10, so I'm hoping that it wasn't as bad as it looked...... but I know that it probably was.

Remember Orlasky's name, though (or whatever the hell it is)- it'll be the answer to a helluva trivia question (starting QB on two different 0-16 teams).

... if the Pats pass defense hadn't been so terrible all year, I'd remind you that the bulk of those yards came at the end of the game, when it was all but decided. Then, you'd remind me how thee game almost got UNdecided because of those three scores. I left to go run errands when the score was 31-10, so I'm hoping that it wasn't as bad as it looked...... but I know that it probably was.

Remember Orlasky's name, though (or whatever the hell it is)- it'll be the answer to a helluva trivia question (starting QB on two different 0-16 teams).

I'm just bitter because I lost $50 on the pats -21. :eek:

Well, I said a few days ago, these "obvious" games always make me nervous. I'm much more excited about a game like against Denver, when there will be a good % of pundits who think NE won't be able to stop Tebow. And, Pats looked like crap for a while in Q1.

Did you see the end of the game? Was it actually bad, or just prevent-defense football?

OK, I feel a little better, because apparently Matthew Slater was playing DB (six tackles). He's a special teamer who mostly plays wide receiver. BB was clearly just trying to get through the end of the game without losing anyone else in the defensive backfield to injury. Not going to stress about giving up some yards in Q4 when they clearly were just trying to stay healthy.

I didn't watch, but Colts had several, I think, 85+ yard drives... Bend, but eventually still break, I guess?

Well, the ~40 minutes or so of game time I watched (from mid part of the 1st to the fourth), Pats D looked decent. ****ty start to the game, and obviously a ****ty finish. Whatever, 9-3.

BAD pick-6 by Manning, Matthes snagged that ball like it was a bag full of hypodermic needles.

As an AZ wildcat fan, glad to see the Gronk get that TE record (that he'll be lone record holder next week). He WAS the offense at AZ when he was there.

Packers just clinched the NFC North! :p

The whole Detroit team is dirty. How many flags tonight?

Getting mad is not dirty. It's just stupid.

I think the local podiatrist clinic is going to see a rash of gunshot wounds.

Looks like the Lions are going to have to be perfect the rest of the way out in order to have a chance at a wildcard spot. That ain't going to happen.

And so it begins:

"Rodgers did, however, record his eighth 300-yard passing game of the season, with 369 yards. That’s a new franchise record, topping the seven 300-yard games by Brett Favre in both 1995 and 2007."

the gradual erasing of brett favre's name from the record books.

Last night's game was the first game this season that Rodgers was under 110 passer rating (106).

Getting mad is not dirty. It's just stupid.

I think the local podiatrist clinic is going to see a rash of gunshot wounds.

Looks like the Lions are going to have to be perfect the rest of the way out in order to have a chance at a wildcard spot. That ain't going to happen.

They've lost what, three of their last four, and five of their past seven? The fact that they're losing based on playing undisciplined football really does seem to be an indictment of the coach.

They've lost what, three of their last four, and five of their past seven? The fact that they're losing based on playing undisciplined football really does seem to be an indictment of the coach.

I'm beginning to think the same thing. There is a fine line between playing with passion and being physical, and losing control and taking stupid penalties.

You can bet the rest of the teams this season are going to be trying to get under their skins.

They can't find him to substantiate any of this. However there has been rumor of Brent sneaking around outside of the Saints practice facility waiting to go all Tonya Harding on Drew Brees' arm with a pipe. Superdome is a mere 60 mi away from Kiln, MS.

They can't find him to substantiate any of this. However there has been rumor of Brent sneaking around outside of the Saints practice facility waiting to go all Tonya Harding on Drew Brees' arm with a pipe. Superdome is a mere 60 mi away from Kiln, MS.

I see what you did there....

OJbUXOfHLoi771fazAElUEpLo1_400.jpg

Yes on bad MNF game. One coach gone, the other being shown the door at the end of the season. I thought that they were going to massage MNF games if they were looking like this kind of matchup. This one belongs on Thu.

Yes on bad MNF game. One coach gone, the other being shown the door at the end of the season. I thought that they were going to massage MNF games if they were looking like this kind of matchup. This one belongs on Thu.

They flex the Sunday night games (Pats-Colts was originally an 8:00 game), but I don't think they can do that with Monday night games. Too hard to rearrange the hotel rooms and such, I suppose.

Next week isn't much better; St. Louis @ Seattle. Week after is Pitt @ San Fran, which is going to be one helluva game (especially since both teams will be fighting for home field).

Back