• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York NYC beer stuff for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalFet

/bɪər nɜrd/
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Spring cleaning time, and the missus wants me to get rid of the stuff I don't use anymore. Apparently, she finds it unreasonable to dedicate half of our apartment's floorspace to beer gear. W.T.F., right?

I'm in upper-Manhattan (Washington Heights, very close to the A-train). I'll hold things for 24-hours for Premium members and people I recognize, but otherwise the gear goes to the guy who shows up at my door with money first. I don't want to ship anything, so pick-up only please.

Here's what I've got:
NuCool fermentation fridge: $30 (Link, see note below)
Northern Brewer 25' immersion chiller: $30 (Link, no vinyl tubing)
Better bottle extra racking assembly (Adapter + Valve): $20 (Link1, Link2)
Marshalltown bucket heater (1000W): $15 (Link)
2L borosilicate erlenmeyer flask (Fisherbrand): $10 (Link)
Fermwrap: $10 (Link)

Sale pending:

Gone to a better place:
Better bottle (6gal, unported): $10 (Link)
Better bottle (6gal, ported, w/ racking assembly): $25 (Link1, Link2, Link3)
Glass carboy (6gal): $20 (Link)
Vinator bottle washer: $10 (Link)
Shirron plate chiller (w/ water hoses and wort hookups): $60 (Link)

Plus tons of miscellaneous odds and ends, free to anyone buying other stuff (some grain, tubing, glassware, bottle caps, yeast nutrient, etc.) I'm happy to take pictures of anything in particular. Everything is guaranteed to work when you buy it, but otherwise all sales final and as-is.

Note about the NuCool: This is an unusual creature, so if you don't know about it consider doing some research before you buy. It is a thermoelectric fridge, which means that it doesn't have a compressor hump. The upside is that this makes it the absolutely smallest fridge in existence that will fit a 6gal carboy (or a pinlock keg). The downside is that there are real limits to how cold it will get. For 64ºF fermentations, it's great. For crash cooling, lagering, or serving, it struggles. I've carved out the door to accommodate a carboy. It's an ugly cut, but it's in reasonably good shape on the outside. One minor ding on the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
PMs sent to zacster and bigmike99.

I appreciate all the interest, both here and over PM. Unfortunately, I'm just not interested in dealing with shipping, so my regrets to folks not able to make it to Manhattan.

I'd be interested in carboys and possible other equipment. I work in the Bronx and am always in Washington heights. Can I stop by sometime today?

Back