Northern brewers surly bender kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazarous

Reaction score
Hey hombrewtalkers I just picked up the bender ingredient kit but wondering if any of you all have tried it and if so, what are your thoughts?

It's awesome. Dead ringer against the real one, after about 9 weeks. Early on the roasty character was a little intense, but it mellowed out and was fantastic afterwards. (Speaking of the AG kit). Good luck. If you haven't had real Bender, it is a real treat.

I haven't tried the commercial version, but I brewed a batch using my own ingredients, but their instructions. Was a super nice brow ale, and the special b really comes through. The english yeast gives it a nice fruitiness, and the hops have a nice finish on the end.

Tasty beer, just kicked the keg last night. It's no Janet's Brown, but tasty nonetheless.

Brewed it and it was easily one of the best browns I've had. Wish Surly would come to NYC!

Back