northern brewer midnight beatdown pm kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jweez

Reaction score
hey, any of you guys try out this kit? sounds delicous, and it got some pretty good reviews.

any thing that you guys would do differently?

this is my first step towards all grain so im taking it easy with a partial mash.

im going to use the safale s05 yeast instead of the liquid yeast option.

this will be our first run with our keggle and keggle top false bottom. we got all the stainless hardware and sight glass from brew hardware.com. im very impressed with the quality of there stuff.

thanks for any info or tips.

I made it back in May, my second PM and the first kit that I actually followed the recipe. Very good beer, I have a friend that asks me for some at least once a week. I also used 05.
That was the first beer that I used a carb calculator to "carb to style", ended up taking about 3 months to carb up, which probably was a good thing, that beer really gets better with a little age on it.

image-1994122667.jpg

I still have to pour it a little aggressively to get a decent head on it

mmm. looks tasty. cant wait to brew it. will probably brew it on thursday. after it ferments and conditions i will keg it and try to be patient. :)

thanks for the reply allen

I did this as my second partial mash. It was awesome. It was great after 2 weeks in the bottle and even better after 2 months. Really smooth, creamy porter. US-05 would work fine, I love using dry yeast when I can.

Yes, I have made and consumed the partial mash kit for this one, and I enjoyed the beer thoroughly! In fact, I may have one or two bottles left down in the cellar...it's been over a year since I brewed and bottled it. Maybe I'll go search and find one and have it with dinner tonight! Good brew!

glenn514:mug:

Back