Northern brew DVD's ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewfan86

Reaction score
So being tht I'm new to home-brewing I just recently discovered northern brewing company's site when i found out they have their kits recipes Available to view, thnx to this forum.. So as I was on their I was looking at all they had to offer and saw tht they had DVDs available on pretty much any level of home brewing, now my brew kit came with John palmers "how to brew" but I thought this might be cool to check out as well.. I was curious to know if anyone here has purchased any of these.? Any thoughts or opinions?

but I thought this might be cool to check out as well.. I was curious to know if anyone here has purchased any of these.? Any thoughts or opinions?

Welcome to HBT, kind of new my self. If your asking about the CD's, I have them because they came with brewing kits, I haven't watched them. I've got the books (Pappizan, Palmer, Moore) I read them, but find HBT much more informative, easier to search, and a lot more fun than books. Here you get information, step by step help, ribbing, sarcasm, tongue in cheek humor. Can't get that from a CD, or book. HBT is really all you need, but the books help you ask more informed questions, or you can just read threads here that deal with any question you might have. Just avoid questions like "Considering home brewing, what should I do?" Oh, and read the stickies, chock full of info that will keep you from looking uber-noobie :) Not that there is anything wrong with that:D

I have a set of DVD's that are put out by Basic Brewing. They have a lot of info on the web at www.basicbrewing.com. I have only watched "Extract Brewing and Partial Mashing" and thought it was VERY well done with the humor that Steve Wilkes throws in to lighten up an otherwise good DVD. My next is to watch the "Stepping into All Grain" I'll reserve the final "Low-Tech Lagering and Decoction Mashing" till way later..

But, I certainly recommend them.

HbgBill said:
I have a set of DVD's that are put out by Basic Brewing. They have a lot of info on the web at www.basicbrewing.com. I have only watched "Extract Brewing and Partial Mashing" and thought it was VERY well done with the humor that Steve Wilkes throws in to lighten up an otherwise good DVD. My next is to watch the "Stepping into All Grain" I'll reserve the final "Low-Tech Lagering and Decoction Mashing" till way later..

But, I certainly recommend them.

Than I saw their DVD's offered on the northern brewers website too. I think I may check them out.

I bought their 4-disk set when I first started brewing. I learned a lot, and as I built up more confidence and knowledge I would go back and watch them again. I felt as though it was a good investment.

While I have those DVDs, I really don't see a need to purchase them unless you just want a hard copy of them. Most if not all the info on the DVDs is on NB's YouTube page so you can watch them there. One of the DVDs, basic home brewing, is also included in the starter kits so there really isn't a need to "double dip".

Tell ya what, I'm holding Northern Brewer's Homebrewing 101, 130, 201, and 301 in my hand, and this is the first time I've touched them in a long time. They are yours if you want them.

I have them and a lot of the dvd content is on their youtube channel

Woops, I should've read all the posts, Yesfan already posted that.

kscarrington said:
Tell ya what, I'm holding Northern Brewer's Homebrewing 101, 130, 201, and 301 in my hand, and this is the first time I've touched them in a long time. They are yours if you want them.

I would love them!! sorry for getting back so late hadn't check hbt all day..

Hadn't checked HBT all day - why, that's preposterous!!

PM me with your address and I'll get them out as soon as I get a chance. I'm working insane hours throughout the entire week. I'll let you know once they have shipped.

Midwest supplies also includes a free basic brewing DVD with any order if you check the box. I bought a couple of there groupons and have a couple. Never watched them...how to brew and hbt did it for me.

Back