Non-punted 500ml bottle pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbbransc

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 500ml bottles used by Prairie, MBC or Russian River are rated higher than average 12oz 'American brown' bottles? I know Prairie bottles several farmhouse saisons in theirs so I would think so. Considering bottling some brett-saison but I want to be sure I'm not manufacturing bombs.

thx

Does anyone know if the 500ml bottles used by Prairie, MBC or Russian River are rated higher than average 12oz 'American brown' bottles? I know Prairie bottles several farmhouse saisons in theirs so I would think so. Considering bottling some brett-saison but I want to be sure I'm not manufacturing bombs.

thx

Nice phrase. That should get some automated attention.

Best not to put "manufacturing" and "bombs" in the same sentence. Now the NSA is watching us.

They weren't before? I like to mess with friends and drop some terrorist and terrorism type of words into texts and phone calls. I've only had the line go dead once or twice for no particular reason. :rockin:

/off topic. Back to regularly scheduled program.

Looking at some of the belgian 375 bottles I have from RR and Lost Abbey they seem pretty robust. If you do decide to manufacture bombs make sure to put them in the proper containment device. I really think it will be fine. Are you going to cork or cap?

Planning on capping these.

To be clear though, I'm referring to the Russian River bottles that Pliny comes in, not Supplication. They aren't Belgian bottles. Just pretty 500ml bottles.

**Yeah, when I typed out that phrase, I figured the NSA would be watching my internet actions the rest of the day.

Back