Non Alcohol Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyBlueprints

Reaction score
I have a friend who is a non drinker, but used to really like beer. I'd like to make a NA beer for him. I read on the net that if you take a finished beer and heat it to 170ºF for 20 minutes, the alcohol will boil off.

Has anybody here tried that? IS it true?

If this person is a recovered alcoholic or has some other medical reason to avoid alcohol, I'd be very very careful or just not attempt at all. Yes, heating will boil off ethanol, but you won't have a reliable way to check it. I imagine it's a half life sort of scenario where you can reduce but not completely eliminate (I could be wrong).

"O'Doul's brand contains 0.4 percent alcohol, according to the AB website...." I just read this on another post...

Definitely check out the nany state recipe. Just make sure to hit that target OG!

I am planning a Non-Alcohol experiment. People laugh and scoff but it will be interesting.

I'm going to brew between 5-10gals of Russian Imperial Stout.
Then pull out 2-ish gals and make it Non-Alcoholic.
Then taste them side by side and see the difference.

It should be very interesting.

I am planning a Non-Alcohol experiment. People laugh and scoff but it will be interesting.

I'm going to brew between 5-10gals of Russian Imperial Stout.
Then pull out 2-ish gals and make it Non-Alcoholic.
Then taste them side by side and see the difference.

It should be very interesting.

I would like to know how that turns out. I hope you post your thoughts here.

Latest posts

Back