No foam in my brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahallasbrew2

Reaction score
I made a regular mead last night and it didnt foam i think, theres residue on the sides of the bottle but there is nothing now could it had foamed and it already whent down? This is my mead that has the jerry rigged airlock with just the lock with some rubber being being used as a seal and jammed into the mouth of the carboy. I didnt lose my batch did i its bubbling pretty good to.

Bhunter87 said:
I thought the same the thing... Mead is different than beer. It may foam at all.

Hmm im not sure i expected it to cause my other to batches foamed up a whole bunch. Well they have other things in them this one is just a honey mead

I've heard both ways, but the consensus is that they do sometime, they don't sometimes. As long as the yeast are eating, it's fine

Bhunter87 said:
I've heard both ways, but the consensus is that they do sometime, they don't sometimes. As long as the yeast are eating, it's fine

Good enough for me, what would i look for if the batch were to go bad?

Good enough for me, what would i look for if the batch were to go bad?

Armageddon.:D

Seriously, though, just check the SG. If it's going down, the yeast is working away, don't disturb them. If it isn't you probably have a stuck fermentation and may need to pitch a different variety of yeast to restart it.

Back