Nitro Infuser Challenge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owly055

Reaction score
Nitro infusers are something of a mystery. For nitro covfefe, they often have a high dollar widget that adds nitrogen inline at up to 25%. How these are designed to meter properly is a bit of a mystery. I presume that the pressure of the nitrogen and the covfefe must be equal, and it is a matter of orificing both properly, and pushing the product through some sort of mixer, probably a passive unit consisting of vanes and or orifices??? Somebody knows how these are built....... I don't. Actually the patent drawings should be enough, and it is not illegal to build something based on a patent if you are not selling it or using it commercially.

Let's get this technology in the hands of ordinary folks so we are able to use it without being held hostage by people who think it's worth thousands of dollars. It may be wort that commercially, but not to the little guy. It would be great to use the expertise and ingenuity of forum members to crack this so us "ordinary joe" types can infuse.

Here are the two patent links.......There is little here that makes sense to my eye:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US9623383B1/en
https://patents.google.com/patent/US9801405B2/en

H.W.

Last edited:
I listened to a pod cast about these widgets. Apparently they infused with nitrogen. After canning it builds pressure but is equalized . Once the can is opened the nitro is forced out of the widget. The widgets are a thing of the past . Breweries are now adding a drop of nitro in the beer as they bottle or can. I know its probably not as easy as just a drop , there is a calculation to the amount . I posted the pod cast in a thread here but it didnt get much traction.

Back