Newbie in Houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNameIsPaul

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to intoduce myself to the forum. I have been lurking a while and reading a lot of stickied threads and I'm super intrigued to get a kit and get brewing!

I'm on the South side of Houston, almost Pearland. Thanks for all the great info so far!

Thanks Jorge! I've even got SWMBO interested! I'm probably going to order Kit #4 from MoreBeer in a week or so, and get my ingredients from DeFrancos in Houston. I'll keep this updated on my first brew. I'm probably overly excited and will probably screw something up, but I'm still gonna try until it's right!

There you go... I made many mistakes my first time around, but beer still turned out great... it was actually my second batch that I actually ruined it... you should be fine...

Welcome! You're lucky to be close to such a great store. Defalcos is awesome and super helpful!

Well I did it! I bought the "Super Duper Deluxe" Kit from Defalcos today :rockin:
I am so excited! I was extremely pleased with their service, advice, and help. I missed the guy's name who was brewing out front today, but he was super nice and his wort smelled delicious! My first batch is going to be a Hefeweizen, and I already got ingredients for a second batch, which I'm not sure exactly what it is, I just told him I like Killians Irish Red, so he made threw together a "kit" of ingredients for me. First BrewDay tomorrow!

....Well that was easy! Everything went well, took a lot longer to bring the wort to a cooler temp than I thought, I need to get an immersion chiller.

Latest posts

Back