New to homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwy

Reaction score
Hi my friend and I are new to the home brew seen. We have been brewing those pre done can kits. I was wondering if it was ok to bottle after a week of fermentation. We will be checking the fg today tomorrow and friday. If the fg is the same on all three days is it good to bottle? New to all this so please be kind. thx

If your FG is stable, yes you can go ahead and bottle. I would really try to do at least 2 weeks in the fermenter though to allow it to condition a bit.

If your FG is stable across several readings, then you can go ahead and bottle. That being said, your beer will benefit from a few extra weeks in the fermentor. This will give the yeast some time to clean up after themselves and result in better beer.

+1 on above posts. Also you dont need 3 readings. Just take one then another 2 days later(skipping a day).

Agreed... I personally let mine sit for 2 weeks if I'm dry hopping or just 3 weeks. I'll take a reading after the three weeks and bottle at that point. Minimum you want to have it sit in the fermenter is 10 days.

Mouse

Back