New to here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huck1460

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone does any distilling on this site and which forum would be good to get into and chat

This site is USA based where distilling is still illegal. You won't find anyone who will talk about it here; and if you do the thread will be deleted.

Not to be a jerk, but google is your friend. The information you seek is out there. (But not here.)

Distilling is still illegal? I thought that they were finally relaxing those laws. Heck, my LHBS even sells some distilling equipment.

Well then the guys at the LHBS are really trusting, because they don't try to hide it at all that they're selling it as alcohol distillation. Or maybe none of us in there looked like we were affiliated with law enforcement.

A quick google search implies that federal law prohibits distilling beverages for consumption, but Missouri state laws allow it. So yeah, illegal.

So @Huck1460 you are just a Missouri resident hoping to make some fuel additive? Maybe you have a flex-fuel vehicle and a shortage of gas stations that offer E85 in your area?

I know of a store that is pretty lax about it, too.

There is a great forum out there, because it's legal in other places.

This didn't state that was usa site I'm in Philippines but original grew up in the usa

Yeah still illegal for consumption, but as a motor fuel, yeah you can do that.

Back