New to brewing and need help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesj2851

Reaction score
I found a recipe online that uses 4lb of corn syrup. I can't get find corn syrup can i use corn sugar instead and how much would i need?

I found a recipe online that uses 4lb of corn syrup. I can't get find corn syrup can i use corn sugar instead and how much would i need?
That sounds to me as if it is a very old recipe. What are you making? I would suggest you spend some time searching this forum for extract recipes if that’s how you intend to start home brewing.
Phil

I am going to look through here to find a better recipe. I'm not really into darker beer does anyone know a good recipe i should try? So far i only brewed 2 coopers lagers and a coopers mexican cerveza.

If you want to be a tad bit more hands on by adding fruit, and actually purchasing hops, DME, and steeping grains, and BIAB bag then try this recipe

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/206864/mango-ipa

It’s really good, not dark, not too hoppy(bitter) and the more involving steps makes you cherish it that much more! It’s a really easy step up from kits and All extract brewing.

Back