New Texian Nostalgia Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTexian

Reaction score
Every now and then, my taste buds get home sick.

My very first exposure to beer was a cream ale… an iconic brand of cream ale in NY where I grew up.

I was very young… under 10, maybe. I asked the old man if I could have some of his beer. I’m guessing he wanted to get a good laugh, so he let me have a sip. I made the typical face that kids make when they experience something that highly offends their taste buds and proceeded to yell in disgust, spitting to clean the stuff from my tongue.

When I got older, I appreciated the beer a little more… but since I’ve been in Texas for 14 years, I haven’t had it in what feels like forever.

Time to do something about that.

I spent some time scouring the net for some type of Genny clone recipe. This one is pretty close to one that is being called a dead ringer. The one I based my recipe on is a 15 gallon batch, so I had to make some approximations when converting it to a 5 gallon batch.

Cream-Ale.html.jpg.jpg

And... I was lucky enough to find some Genny at Spec's on my lunch hour today. First time I've *ever* seen it in Texas. Now, I can compare them directly and see if I'm even close when I'm done.

40d74b6ccc3f11e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

Evidently, I inadvertently have posted this in the Ingredients section. Was supposed to be in the American Ale section. Would a moderator kindly move this to the appropriate section, and forgive my goof?

Back