New Orleans craft beer spots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for beer bars I was impressed with the section at the Avenue Pub on St. Charles when I was there last year.

Abita makes some really good beer. The Amber and Turbo Dog( Brown Ale) are my favorites from them.

Abita is more meh, but if you do the brewery its all you can drink. Lazy Magnolia makes an awesome pecan brew.

The NOLA is a drinking town, you can find places to drink everywhere and many have good selections.

Even though I live in the suburbs of NOLA, I find a way to get to the Avenue Pub about once a month. Courtyard Brewery is another very small but worthwhile visit.
As mentioned, The Bulldog has a great selection of beers and atmosphere.
Then there is also Cooter Browns especially fun at the wee hours.

NOLA brewery has a brewpub that is always fun. They have a great selection of beers only available at the pub

Just take the st Charles street car uptown. Ask the driver to stop at the avenue pub. Or take an uber

I'm going to be in New Orleans, Hilton Riverside, in June for a convention. Any recommendations for local eats and brews?

I'm going to be in New Orleans, Hilton Riverside, in June for a convention. Any recommendations for local eats and brews?
You want something walking distance to the Hilton or just anywhere? There's tons of places depending on what you like. June is prime shrimp season too!
GW Fins is awesome! Willie Mae's Scotch House has the best fried chicken in NOLA but not the best of areas at night.
Search for Parleaux's Beer Lab. Very small but great beers. Courtyard Brewery is full of hoppy beers as well as a few national taps. Urban South is average IMO. NOLA Brewery is hit or miss.Brieux Carre constantly rotates.

Courtyard n 2nd Line are my favs. NOLA & Urban South so so. Brew Carrie easy Quarter local. Parleux is good....Crescent City is the original brew pub there, think Gordon Biersch type place with raw oysters and jazz

I was there about a year and a half ago and am going back in April.
I liked Urban South and Courtyard. Crescent City had great food though the beer was so-so. I'd still go back. I passed on Gordon Birsch being a chain; I was looking for local.
I didn't make it to NOLA taproom last time, I'm hoping to this time. Last time I was on foot the whole time, now they have the bike share program.
We did go to World of Beer one night for dinner - pretty good and the selection was impressive.
Definitely go to Cochon (or Cochon butcher) the food is amazing.
Center Market for the Muffaletta sandwich is pretty much a must, they say.

If in the quarter there's ol'e saint. take the trolley to the ave pub.
I'm down there 4-5 times a year. When I get tired of grease trap , vomit and piss aromas of the quarter, I usually head way up to St James and eat/drink my way back. One thing about nola. If you got money you will never be hungry or sober.

Port Orleans is nice. Down the road from Urban South. Parleaux puts out some great beers. Courtyard is good as well.
The Quarter sucks for craft beer. If you want to get drunk for cheap stay on Bourbon. Otherwise venture out and hit Magazine St, Saint Charles Ave.
Bayou Beer Garden is great. A lot of beers on tap. Not in the quarter but worth a visit.

Back