New member, Pittsburgh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhathazy

Reaction score
Hello my name is Dave I live in Moon Township, PA just outside of Pittsburgh. I have about a year now of brewing and it has really bitten me big time. MY latest quest is to try to clone the beers that I "sampled" during my recent fly fishing trips to Montana! I just began drinking some Moose Drool that I brewed Labor Day weekend and it actually turned out quite well! At this time I have some Fat Tire in the secondary and I am hoping to brew another batch of something this weekend. Hoping to find a recipe for Zonker Stout (Snake River Brewing) or Wild Fly Ale (Yellowstone Valley Brewing). Any members from Montana that have some recipes I would appreciate it!

In addition to brewing I am also into fly fishing as I mentioned above, and a big hockey fan - GO PENS! Until the past year or so I was still playing hockey also but a herniated disc/pinched nerve in my neck has unfortunately kept me from playing.

Anyway look forward to being a member here!

Dave

Woo go pens. I went to high school across the river at Quaker valley. Ever order Chinese from China palace?

Hey Misfit! Pens pulled out win last night with depleted lineup! Yes I have had food from Chinese palace, good stuff. Must suck out there in flyer area huh?

Hey Misfit! Pens pulled out win last night with depleted lineup! Yes I have had food from Chinese palace, good stuff. Must suck out there in flyer area huh?

ha it does suck out here. i worked at china palace for about 4 years. i miss that place badly. i miss the entire area bad. ever do pizza romas mug night on mondays? when i use to go it was $2.50 for any beer on tap ecept guinness. i had a 64 oz pens mug that i would bring. one of those i was feeling good. two of them and i was in the back alley ha.

Go Pens! Out near Greensburg here. Moose Drool is good stuff. Not sure if it's that the beer is so great or that I know when I'm drinking it, I'm at the mangy Moose after a killer day at Jackson Hole....probably a combo of both.

I'm a hockey player too, currently playing inline out of Hot Shots Arena a few times a week.

Sweet. I have family in Aliquippa. Looking at starting a brewery back in the burgh in a few years.

Grew up in beaver county...lots of memories. Not a fan now, but at the time IC light was the bomb.

smalliewader said:
Go Pens! Out near Greensburg here. Moose Drool is good stuff. Not sure if it's that the beer is so great or that I know when I'm drinking it, I'm at the mangy Moose after a killer day at Jackson Hole....probably a combo of both.

I'm a hockey player too, currently playing inline out of Hot Shots Arena a few times a week.

I live out by Latrobe!

Latest posts

Back