New member - getting back into the hobby after hiatus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FugacityBrews

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just getting back into homebrewing after about a 4 year hiatus. Previously had about 20-30 batches under my belt but life circumstances made it a little hard to brew. Decided on a whim to brew a festbier this year for a party and immediately regretted taking so much time away from the hobby. I figured I'd join HBT as a way to keep my knowledge current and improve. Even in just a few short years, a lot has changed in the homebrew world and it's exciting to see what's new.

Looking forward to participating here at HBT.

Nice! I'm in the same boat - back to brewing after ~5 years off, and loving jumping back in. And I agree, it's fun to see what's changed, and what hasn't in the last few years.

It happens. I think quite a few of us have also had life happen and force a break from brewing.
Glad you are back to brewing. Hope the fest beer come out well.

Welcome , Same here I just got back into it after over 20 years . My kids are in college now so not much worry of them knocking over or dropping M&M,s into a carboy :p

Back