new member from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supergrump

Reaction score
Hi, just joined the forum. A short home-brew autobiography (brew-bio?)...

I got into homebrewing about 18 months ago and I've brewed about 12 extract batches so far. While bottling my 2nd batch, I thought to myself 'screw this bottling nonsense' and started constructing a kegerator (3-tap on a tower, keezer) which is now a source of pride and happiness, and a showpiece for all guests to our home.

A few fellow members of the local church heard I was into homebrewing and asked for a homebrew workshop. The first night was great fun with 3 other guys sharing my stove for a homebew party, and Im planning regular homebrew workshops at my home on a regular basis. I'm by no means an expert, but it's great comraderie and a chance others to get hands-on experience.

I'm seriously considering making the leap into all-grain brewing... I have my eye on a Wal-Mart turkey fryer / boiler and looking into making an immersion cooler. Im also thinking about creating my own recipes. I'm an analytical kinda guy, and I dream of making a master spreadsheet that spits out a recipe (grain quantities, types of hops, yeast) based on a few parameters such as desired colour, bitterness, and keywords like "citrusy", or "fruity". If anyone's aware of spreadsheet templates that do something similar let me know.

Glad to be part of the community.

Latest posts

Back