New keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vellum

Reaction score
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1446391781.704382.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1446391802.435645.jpg

Keezer all but finished. Still missing a drip tray and tap labels. I love this thing though. I've been brewing since 2009 and this is easily one of the best upgrades I've made. I painted the freezer a nice mint green using homemade chalk paint (mix paint with water and plaster). The collar and cart are made from 2x10 (so I could fit a ball lock on the hump) and 2x4 lumber. I then used old picket fence wood to make the horizontal decorative plating.

This was a chest freezer from Best Buy (igloo fr710). It holds four ball locks plus ten lb co2 tank (will hold five ball locks if I put the co2 externally). I'm pouring dark chocolate imperial stout from a perlick 630ss. Carbing up is a citra pale ale (name pending), and lagering is a Pilsner (name also pending). Any suggestions for names are appreciated. Fourth tap is reserved for soda water or something non alcoholic. Since putting soda water in it I drink significantly more water than I ever did before. If you are doubting whether to get a keezer or not, just do it, you won't regret it.

I have some build photos but it was all pretty straight forward. Let me know if you want them and I'll post them.

Currently the keezer resides in the garage but since it is on casters it is easily moveable to the house for parties.

Cheers all,
Vellum

Very nice. I like the use of color other than black, and the wood looks great.
Many cold pours.:mug:

BTW....With the chalkboard paint,...... How much of each, paint, water, plaster?
Thanks.

I Haven't forgotten about you guys. My build photos are on my desktop and I'll post them tomorrow.

The chalk paint (which is different from chalkboard paint SWMBO has informed me) is 1 cup latex paint, 1/3 cup plaster, and 1/3 cup water, mix well.

Chalk paint has the finish of chalk while chalkboard paint you can write on with chalk.

Hope this helps.

I absolutely love the picket fence decorative wood! Nice work! Can you post some details on how you added it?

Some build photos

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

I guess I didn't take any photos while doing the picket fence. They are cut on my miter saw at a 45 degree angle to mate up with their friends. I used a level to scrap piece or two as spacers in between the boards while nailing up. They are connected by just a few long nails. Hardest part was keeping them somewhat level as the boards are so weathered it was incredibly difficult to tell if your level was sitting on a lump or not.

Latest posts

Back