New Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robqualls

Reaction score
21 cu ft of pure awesomeness. Covered in chalkboard paint with a cedar collar stained red. Digital Johnson controller and 3 taps. 10# co2 tank inside. Room for many more kegs.

image-2658466310.jpg

image-3696544398.jpg

I like it. I'm about to do something to mine to clean it up a bit, looks good for the garage but I got the okay to move it to the screen room so I am thinking I might need to do some improvements on it. I was thinking about chalkboard paint cuz I have a dart board hanging in that room and it might be a fitting addition. Still undecided but like the looks of yours a lot.
Did you have to do any prep work prior to painting? How many coats did you put on?

Prep work was minimal. I put one coat of primer and 2 coats of chalkboard paint. The chalkboard paint dries really fast (less the an hour) so you could have it primed and painted in a day.

Nice looking work there. On a side not, you don't necessarily have to put chalk board paint on the exterior to be able to write on it. I was going to do that as well, but wanted a more uniform look on mine, so I just painted it all black with appliance spray paint (get 3 times are much as you think you need). I can now write on the outside with chalk-board type marker pens, an it wipes right off with no issues. But that's just an alternative thought. Again nice build.

image-553693527.jpg

Wow that's beautiful! Is that trim on the bottom or did you building a pedistal for it to stand on?

I built a dolly for it with wheels then just figured I might as well wrap oak around that part too. Kinda sweet cause most people don't do that, but it turned out sweet. It has 6 taps now and I am continuing to struggle to brew enough beer to fill the big bastard up!

907_fellow said:
I built a dolly for it with wheels then just figured I might as well wrap oak around that part too. Kinda sweet cause most people don't do that, but it turned out sweet. It has 6 taps now and I am continuing to struggle to brew enough beer to fill the big bastard up!

Nice. I love it. It must be a pain getting kegs in that sucker. I can't even touch the bottom of mine. Looks like you put an 8 inch collar plus the dolly. You must have an elaborate pully system? ;)

I'm 26. It isn't an issue ha. I can touch the bottom of it without much of an issue, the bottom needs wiped down once and while. It was a brand new freezer so I try to keep it fresh.

The collar is attached to the lid btw. That helps a lot. I cold crash carboys in it, and throw all sizes of kegs in there. Not to bad.

907_fellow said:
The collar is attached to the lid btw. That helps a lot. I cold crash carboys in it, and throw all sizes of kegs in there. Not to bad.

Collar attaching to the lid is genius. I'm only 29 but I'm 6'3'' so it's a ways down to the bottom of the keezer

Back