New joy of homebrewing book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royal1911

Reaction score
I never bought the original Complete Joy of Homebrewing but noticed a new 4th edition has just come out. I was thinking about buying the kindle version for my iPad but I'm not sure if I need it after 3 years of homebrewing.

What do you guys think? Anyone plan on buying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It might be interesting to read knowing what you do now. And kindle is generally cheaper. My book on my home brewing experiences will be coming out next month on kindle as well. Just gotta wait till the 31st to get my computer back from the shop. It's almost done as of now.

It is a fantastic book. I just finished the 4th edition as well as the Homebrewers Companion he wrote. I got both off Amazon for about $30 and they are worth every penny.

It is a fantastic book. I just finished the 4th edition as well as the Homebrewers Companion he wrote. I got both off Amazon for about $30 and they are worth every penny.

Cool thanks.

It was a great book. Much of it has been superceeded since. I got my copies from half price book stores. Yes, copies. I got the first one almost 20 years ago. Replaced it 10 years ago because it was falling apart from frequent use. I don't think I have opened it for at least 5 years. I bought both of Charlie's books each time.

I read it back in 97 and my brewing career has always been "relax, don't worry. Have a homebrew". Until now, it has been the only homebrew book I ever read. I'm slowly making my way thru Palmers How to Brew now.

It was a great book. Much of it has been superceeded since. I got my copies from half price book stores. Yes, copies. I got the first one almost 20 years ago. Replaced it 10 years ago because it was falling apart from frequent use. I don't think I have opened it for at least 5 years. I bought both of Charlie's books each time.

Just so other people know the OP is talking about the new 4th edition that came out this month. Lots of info has been updated since the first edition.

Just so other people know the OP is talking about the new 4th edition that came out this month. Lots of info has been updated since the first edition.

Yes, I'm talking about the new one. Thanks

Latest posts

Back