New guy from Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czaccaria

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Chris here from Jersey. Fairly new to brewing...only about 8 batches under my belt. Learned how to brew from a buddy in school who's now a certified ciceron, so I thought that was pretty cool! I can get a little impatient so I skipped over extract brewing and went right to all grain. Definitely learned a lot from that.

I've been creeping on the site for a while just to tap into this endless wealth of knowledge. You guys are all great.

Need some help - anyone have a thread they can direct me to regarding over bitter beer? don't want to start a new one if there happens to be one out there.

Thanks again! :mug:

Welcome from a fellow NJer! Congrats on the jump right into AG. Very impressive!

Can't help you about the thread, but brew on!

Welcome, from staten island. When you say bitter, do you mean the english styke bitter, IPA bitter, bittering hops, or bitter as a flaw?

It's probably too many hops early in the boil as wilserbrewer said, but too heavy usage of dark grains early in the mash can cause an astringency that could be percieved as bitterness.

And welcome from the opposite side on NJ!

Welcome Jersey! Less hops early in the boil and more hops late in the boil should give you less bitterness and more hop flavor?

Just a hack homebrewer here, my gosh Cicerone, I had to google that one, wtf?
https://cicerone.org/content/certified-beer-server
$69 - $199, YMMV

You ever down southern monmouth co., first pint is free.
Welcome!

Thanks a lot! I actually live in Monmouth. I might have to take you up on that offer :ban:

Latest posts

Back